Lupo/Arosa Meeting 2004 - time to start planning

Blue Loop

[b:post_uid7]Lupo - Arosa International Meeting 2004:[/b:post_uid7]

Well, first of all, I want to explain what this is going to be about. I have thought that now that all Lupo Clubs have numerous members we could organize a meeting all together. Of course it won’t be held in any country that has a Club, as those members would have it way too easy over the rest. Hence I have thought doing it in France as it’s more or less in the middle of all of us. (UK, Spain, Germany, NL...)

We would rent a track to have some fun. The price of the track will be considered by all webmasters and then will be divided into the number of people attending. This will have some inconveniences as people will have to decide soon, but its better for us so that there’s not a big hassle concerning money.

My idea is to have at least two track days (I am searching for a track at the moment) and some races concerning the engines/power output of the cars (Categories as follows):

-1.0(50bhp)+1.4(60bhp)+SDi(60bhp)

-1.4(75bhp)+TDI(75bhp)

-1.4(100bhp)+FSI(105bhp)+GTI(125bhp)

-3L TDI

All people attending will have to fill in a form and give it to their respective webmaster who will then give a copy to the rest of us. The form will need to have at least this info:

-Name and surname

-Address

-Phone/Mobile number

-Number of ID card

-Make model of the car, with tech. specs. (so we can make the groups for the races)

As for the accomodation, it depends on what people want, some will want to camp while others may want to go to a hotel. What do you think?

So far, in my club is three of us who are interested (I haven’t asked anyone elsefor now!!) so I guess this could work, Are you up for it?

Best wishes

Alvaro

I'll do the forms you have to fill in ASAP and will put up a copy in this thread. You will be able to give it either to me or to Matt.

what you guys think of this?

Edited By Blue Loop on Aug. 17 2003 at 23:14

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i did try that too long time ago. Matty and I have both some info on prices and stuff. Think we could all meet in France for a trackday and go to Wolfsburg in Germany and see the factory?

Camp? Are you Julian Clary?

Hotel. B&B. Bed. Breakfast. Clean sheets. Strong coffee. Merci Mademoiselle! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

just working out how much money i'll have left after getting loop to dover, over the channel and half way to the alps !!

what a do though, sounds brilliant, a run from france to Germany on some specially picked roads sounds the nuts to me, only one problem though; I hate driving on the right - it sucks

I'll try driving on the left next year wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> if everything goes well i'll go back to England with you lot to spend my holidays there :thumbs:

OK guys theres a little plan change. I've contacted some peeps in the German LupoClub forum and they've found us a track only 80km away from Wolfsburg (that's where the VW factory is).

We could do a two day tour of the factory (according to the leaflets they sent me it's quite big)

Spend one day in the track

Then spend one or two more days visiting some cities that are nearby.

We could do anything really, it all depends on the amount of days you wanna go? Any one has any idea? How many days shall we go?

UPDATE:

The germans want to go camping to a place that is about 1.5 hours from Wolfsburg, they say the best thing will be all the cars driving along together in the motorway (they did it last year). How do you find this? I think it sounds great :thumbs: