still having trouble with the throttle

gsyluposport

i recently posted a topic because i was having trouble with my throttle body or pedal it was suggested i reset the throttle body i have done that but with the pedal you still press on it a tiny bit then it suddenly jumps closer to the floor can anyone help?

Hmmm, you need to check your pedals does your throttle have a bowden cable going to the throttle body? if it does then you are looking at a bit of clip bending to put things right, if not if it's fly by wire in other words a sensor on the pedal feeds the ECU wich drives the throttle body.

There will be linkage from the pedal to some kind of position sensor that will have a bunch of wires comming out, examine the linkage for wear in other words pedal moves sensor doesn't move, I think you should be able to see the sensor output in one of the measuring blocks on VCDS if you have access to that.

The sensor failed on my fly by wire focus lefft me stranded so don't delay sorting it out.

• 1 month later...

I had the exact same problem, I took off the throttle body pinned back the butterfly and cable tied it open then got my hand inside (ish :P) with a peice of emery cloth and wiped away a lot of Shiitteeeeee inside! Put it all back together and sprayed the spring part where the throttle wire runs with WD40 and stood for 2-3 minutes operating the throttle body with my hand (open, close, open, close) it started unsticking and now it runs beautifully!

I had the exact same problem, I took off the throttle body pinned back the butterfly and cable tied it open then got my hand inside (ish :P) with a peice of emery cloth and wiped away a lot of Shiitteeeeee inside! Put it all back together and sprayed the spring part where the throttle wire runs with WD40 and stood for 2-3 minutes operating the throttle body with my hand (open, close, open, close) it started unsticking and now it runs beautifully!