H's Lupo aka LoopyH

loopyh

I have been heavily persuaded to put some pics up of our Lupo. I initially wanted a really cheap car to run to use daily for work which was good on fuel and cheap on insurance. We've got loads of Vw in the family so know all about their build quality, but ive been amazed how good this car is so decided to get it the way I wanted it - a bit individual but still cute.

started life as a bog standard Lupo TDi sport , a bit rough round the edges and needed a major clean inside and out . didn't bother with any before pictures but just cracked on and two weeks later got it looking like this.

20140624_101543.jpg

2ffcb0a4-0e17-40d3-8468-e5c7e8539764.jpg

20140624_102139.jpg

It had full interior and carpets removed all washed and valeted including the headlining and the c pillar covers. Exterior had a full detail when I first had it and just tried to maintain it as it is for now till some areas of paint are to be done at a later date. Then onto correcting the defects so

drivers check strap replaced, passenger electric window mechanism changed , drivers electric window switch replaces , passenger electric mirror glass replaced ( as heated element wasnt working) , cup holder replaced ( that reminds me to order a second one and install ),

A full service including oil , gearbox and brake fluid change , all filters and air con re-gas and evaporator changed. The intention was just to keep it standard but the sport suspension was rubbish so there started the mods and the feminie touch.

20140624_101841.jpg

b89e5232-cb9c-4178-8d3f-6366593be95b.jpg

Ap coilovers, new suspension arms , new roll bar links, a touch darker windows, a touch or red here and there and some well suited , lightweight split rims and nice grippy tyres make it fun to drive, Tried to keep it practical with sensible ride heights front and rear ( the boot is used, lol ) and keeping rear wiper .

20140624_101639.jpg

would like to do a few more things just to make it perfect for me , like the small areas of bodywork, and would ideally like a nice leather interior in the near future but for now its pretty cool - well I think so anyway :wave: