First Car! 1.4s Lupo (Grey)

Adam_14

Hi everyone, just bought my first car which happens to be a 1.4s Lupo. I've been looking on this site for a few months which got me interested in a Lupo. I think the colour is quite rare as i don't see many about or online this colour.

Picked it up last weekend and gave it a wash. The owner before me hadn't driven it for months so it was covered in leaves and spiders EVERYWHERE :angry2: Just got round to machine polishing the bonnet and the rest of the car will be done over the next few weeks. The car was put on 60mm (I think) Lowering springs by a previous owner and i don't think it looks too bad! Wants to go lower on the rear but as a start it's not bad!

I'll stop typing now and post some pictures!

Cheers, Adam

IMG_3428_zps9afd49a0.jpg

IMG_3497_zps7434ed00.jpg

Machine Polished the bonnet, got a few nasty scratches out but not all! :-(

IMG_3464_zpsb50d86bb.jpg

My BMX just about fits! Although i think a roof rack would be more practical

IMG_3495_zps3a95c2b5.jpg

Gave the engine bay a quick clean and noticed there is some sort of cover missing! Im thinking it's a '1.4 16v' badge (I'll post a closer pic soon)

IMG_3427_zps0eb260bb.jpg

looks nice mate, any plans for it?

Nothing major yet just little things really. New steering wheel, bump strips off, 'lupo' and '1.4' badges off, roof rack. It really wants some new wheels but that'll probs be done over the summer and not too sure what wheels.

If you have any ideas mate then please feel free to comment them!

Depends how much you have to spend mate, you can find smaller steering wheels such as momo and OMP on ebay, awesome gti and such. You could always try and look for a lupo 3l steering wheel, pretty rare but they look great! As for wheels the g60 steels look amazing on lupos and you can pick them up pretty cheap. Just depends on your personal preference mate, go for what you like it's your car :)

Depends how much you have to spend mate, you can find smaller steering wheels such as momo and OMP on ebay, awesome gti and such. You could always try and look for a lupo 3l steering wheel, pretty rare but they look great! As for wheels the g60 steels look amazing on lupos and you can pick them up pretty cheap. Just depends on your personal preference mate, go for what you like it's your car :)

Wanted one with an airbag really so I bought a Leather Lupo GTI steering wheel from eBay which came today in very good condition :thumbup: I will put it on this weekend and probably start a build thread. G60's are to my liking, definitely and option! :)

• 2 weeks later...