Never ending problems :( gearbox, linkage? maybe

hey everyone, yet again im posting to question whats wrong with my lupo!

Overview - car slipped out fo 5th

- wont find 5th, just revs as if in neutral

- all other gears fine

- any ideas? gearbox, linkage, clutch adjustment needed?

I was driving down to birmingham on friday and along the motorway the car slipped out of 5th gear. I put it back into 5th and about a mile later it slipped out again and this time it wouldn't find 5th.

now, it moves into position, but it's as if it still thinks the car is in neutral. So it's obviously not engaging right. All other gears are fine and it's driving ok.

I had the clutch and clutch cable changed about a month and a half/2 months ago and have had the clutch adjusted sligthly a week after that. Could it be a case of it just needing adjusting again? Or is this going to be a hefty gearbox problem?

Thanks a lot guys, always really appreciate your help.

p.s. I have looked around on forums and a lot have had similar problems but most of them seem to not be able to get gears or sounded more severe so i was hoping that meant mine wouldnt be so bad!

Was working fine before the change until the clutch cable snapped due to the clutch going, but it was also working fine for a month or 2 afterwards

so not sure whats going on to be honest!

got it booked in at a transmissions place for saturday so hopefully they will be able to tell me, and hopefully it will not be too horriffic money-wise!

• 3 weeks later...