Car stereo problems :(

LewLupo

you'll need to explain a little more,

but from what i kind of understand, take the head unit out, and on the wiring loom there will be a plus and negative wire which will be obvious because they will have a male and female connector covered in clear plastic insulator, take them off and switch them over, so + goes to - and via versa,

hope that helps

Thanks I will try that later, After a little more playing around last night I discovered its not just my aftermarket headunit but the standard one doesn't work either /:

A little more about the fault.. When I turn the key with my aftermarket headunit fitted it powers up in sequence with the dash warning lights and then goes out with them, but if I press te display button te backlight comes on but still not functioning as a headunit should ? The fuses and relays are fine, and with a tester I tested all the wires at there block ends and only one has a live to it and from what I can gather that's the constant live. Even wheni turn the key there is not an ignition live ? Hope this helps some more

Patch a permanent live up? That's what I done to mine when mine didn't work. Just need to remember to turn it off whenever ya get out the car. Doesn't matter to me cos I take the fascia off anyway

Edited by bigben

Patch a permanent live up? That's what I done to mine when mine didn't work. Just need to remember to turn it off whenever ya get out the car. Doesn't matter to me cos I take the fascia off anyway

Is it possible to wire a ignition live to it also ?