A BIG thank you.....

dougless

Thanks to the community of Club Lupo I was able to fairly quickly diagnose a warning light issue on my ex’s SDI. Urgent email earlier in the day asked if I knew why one of the warning lights might be flashing? When she arrived it was clearly the glow plug warning light but why was it flashing? A few minutes on here helped me with the diagnosis. Turned out that the brake lights have given up. So thanks everyone, again Club Lupo comes to the rescue.

PS – the Loop mentioned above is a car that I have driven half way across Europe and back on several occasions and covered 25,000 miles in it in less than two years. However I haven’t driven it for over a year but I gave it a test drive to make sure all was OK. All was fine but what really surprised me was the difference between the SDI and the TDI I currently have. My current daily driver is a Volvo C30 and it has spoilt me a lot and I had forgotten just how basic the SDI is. Don’t get me wrong, the SDI is a great car but the TDI is so much more and I am not just talking about performance. The TDI is smoother, despite being a triple; has much, much more low down grunt, I had forgotten just how much you need to rev the SDI. And that’s all before you realise how much better specified most TDI’s are compared to SDI’s. It sort of makes sense of the big difference in the price of these cars when they were new, from memory, when new the TDI cost 20-25% more than an SDI. I suppose, as always, you get what you pay for.