fbw throttle

TomStevo

How can i go about changing my cable throttle pedal to a fbw one??

i am picking my engine up this weeked, gonna be rebuilding it slowly and then dropping it in the car, only problem is its fbw, and i have cable

will i need the full pedal box? or jus the pedal? i am gussing i will need the lupo fbw loom and splice that in if it dont plug which i think it will, i cant sus out were the fbw loom goes, will it just go to the throttle body or will it go to the ecu aswell??

if its gonna cause alot of head ache i may jus get a tb from the cable version and scrap this ecu and loom and use the ecu and loom from a cable engine, but the engine loom and ecu are practically for nothing lol

TBH mate, for what its worth id stick to the cable throttle.

The fly by wire is a bit of a pain, from what i remember, its linked form the ecu to the tb and from the pedal to the ecu, like two circuits.

If you can run a cable throttle, id do that.

I would much rather run cable, I find it slot bettertgan fbw, a find fbw as just on or off last time a drove a car with it lol

jus don't know how ad go about running it on cable, like with a lupo gti could you put a cable throttle on it, cable gas peddle and run a similar ecu with a remap?

It's not a lupo gti engine btw lol

I would much rather run cable, I find it slot bettertgan fbw, a find fbw as just on or off last time a drove a car with it lol

jus don't know how ad go about running it on cable, like with a lupo gti could you put a cable throttle on it, cable gas peddle and run a similar ecu with a remap?

It's not a lupo gti engine btw lol

Well you have the best part in your car, being the cable throttle and cable run, which is a right pain in any FBW car to get right, mine still occasionally needs sorting out as a cable guide bracket twists round a bolt over time.

The main issue will be converting the engine from FBW to cable, If you using a standalone then there will be no issue. But if not, you would need to source the cable engine loom and probably the ecu as from what i can remember the FBW throttle body is also used as the idle control valve and is commanded by the ECU to move, rather than a normal TPS sensor.

John

Hmm, I deffo don't have a problem getting a loom and ecu, the engine is an APP, the 180bhp seat 20v turbo, I recon I can use the golf AGU tb, loom and ecu, and isn't the TPS part of the tb? Meaning I should be ok with that as I will be using the loom and ecu from the AGU aswell as the TB