boot release problem..

Hi,

Ok the boot will unlock with the key (as i can turn it part way) but wont with the remote.

I have had the plastic off and taken a look at it seems that when I press unlock the motor shoots out the arm.. but seems to send it too far. thus when I pull the boot handle it cannot engage with the 'catch'.

Ok so is the adjustable? via a bolt or something... or do I have to move the motor backwards so it cannot go that far? - problem with this is the that screws are on the outside only some metal bolt style things hang down? do I get the pliars on these?

Cheers

Dale.

hi

Funny you mention that, as last week i had to open the boot with the battery disconnected, and then when i reconnected it the CL would not work on the boot ... seems u have to turn the key ( mine was difficult to turn as i assume it has hardly ... if ever ... been used before!) from the Vertical position , anti clockwise to the '10 to' position, and then back to the vertical ... that seemed to sort it for me!

I dont know if it was fluke or Science that sorted it !!

Gd luck

Hi,

Ok the boot will unlock with the key (as i can turn it part way) but wont with the remote.

I have had the plastic off and taken a look at it seems that when I press unlock the motor shoots out the arm.. but seems to send it too far. thus when I pull the boot handle it cannot engage with the 'catch'.

Ok so is the adjustable? via a bolt or something... or do I have to move the motor backwards so it cannot go that far? - problem with this is the that screws are on the outside only some metal bolt style things hang down? do I get the pliars on these?

Cheers

Dale.

hi

Funny you mention that, as last week i had to open the boot with the battery disconnected, and then when i reconnected it the CL would not work on the boot ... seems u have to turn the key ( mine was difficult to turn as i assume it has hardly ... if ever ... been used before!) from the Vertical position , anti clockwise to the '10 to' position, and then back to the vertical ... that seemed to sort it for me!

I dont know if it was fluke or Science that sorted it !!

Gd luck

sounds like a fluke! lol.. yeah iv tried everything with mine. I need to physically move back the motor to get it to fire out to the correct position... only thing is im afraid of breaking it... not sure if these bolt type things are something I can turn to release it...?