time for some more power

JasonL702

right baisicly i have saved up enough money now to ither go down tubro ,, supercharger or tb's route ,,, i baisicly wanna know what one would be better for everyday use and power output ,,, i know that with a turbo or supercharger have 2 run de comp plate ,,,, also i would like 2 know wether i can bolt on the 1.4 16 v head to my 1.4 8v block ,, will internals be able 2 handle it? i can carry most work out by my self apart from custom parts .... i know its probs a waste of time with the 1.4 8v engine but tbh i wanna do something that not many people have done with a mk1 arosa ,,,, and idea's and comments welcome =)

Edited by JasonL702

right baisicly i have saved up enough money now to ither go down tubro ,, supercharger or tb's route ,,, i baisicly wanna know what one would be better for everyday use and power output ,,, i know that with a turbo or supercharger have 2 run de comp plate ,,,, also i would like 2 know wether i can bolt on the 1.4 16 v head to my 1.4 8v block ,, will internals be able 2 handle it? i can carry most work out by my self apart from custom parts .... i know its probs a waste of time with the 1.4 8v engine but tbh i wanna do something that not many people have done with a mk1 arosa ,,,, and idea's and comments welcome =)

simple answer, no

the reason, there are no cut outs on the pistons for valve clearance ...

get a gti engine and box and run a standalone fuel management, once thats running then turbo or supercharge it

IMO

simple answer, no

the reason, there are no cut outs on the pistons for valve clearance ...

get a gti engine and box and run a standalone fuel management, once thats running then turbo or supercharge it

IMO

so polo gti engine or lupo gti ,,, with a lupo lump wudnt i have 2 convert 2 fly by wire? whats best?

so polo gti engine or lupo gti ,,, with a lupo lump wudnt i have 2 convert 2 fly by wire? whats best?

yes you would have to convert to fly by wire but the pedal and sensor would come with the donor engine if you asked as would the throttle body its not that hard of a conversion ive had mine done about 6 months now with no issues

yes you would have to convert to fly by wire but the pedal and sensor would come with the donor engine if you asked as would the throttle body its not that hard of a conversion ive had mine done about 6 months now with no issues

will driveshafts ,,, engine mounts ect need adapting? wanna know what im gonna need before i go buying things

will driveshafts ,,, engine mounts ect need adapting? wanna know what im gonna need before i go buying things

get the whole front sub assemble from a gti incl brakes, drives shafts, steering rack, the whole shebang

you dont need to change to dbw if you going to use a programmable ecu, which is the best route :D

i didnt have to change anything on mine the engine slotted straight in on the original sport engine mounts and uses the same driveshafts you will however need the front and rear loom from the donor car to save any hassle with the wiring and i would also advise upgrading the brakes while your on with the conversion

get the whole front sub assemble from a gti incl brakes, drives shafts, steering rack, the whole shebang

you dont need to change to dbw if you going to use a programmable ecu, which is the best route :D

so go standalone or megasquirt because will probs end up tubro'in it anyway! so just nick the whole front end ,,, right time to find a smashed up gti! :D

dubsy , you didnt use the gti driveshafts ? have you got the gti hubs on ?

no im just using the sport drive shafts and hubs there just the same as the polo gti ones