APQ Engine

ICAP

Hi,

I now have an Arosa with engine APQ (according to the book that came with it)

Does anyone else have this engine? I believe it is quite a random engine. 1.4 8v manual. I couldnt find it in the comprehensive list from the forum (in the how to fit section I think)

TBH, although Im sure its not as fast as a 16v, the cars got a bit of pick up, im certainly not disappointed with the performance.

Hi,

I now have an Arosa with engine APQ (according to the book that came with it)

Does anyone else have this engine? I believe it is quite a random engine. 1.4 8v manual. I couldnt find it in the comprehensive list from the forum (in the how to fit section I think)

TBH, although Im sure its not as fast as a 16v, the cars got a bit of pick up, im certainly not disappointed with the performance.

i have this engine. smoke bellows out the back of it when i thrash it. nice puller at lower revs. happy with the economy, just not the performance. i'm used to mk1 & 2 golf GTi's though. what year is your motor?

I didnt buy it neccessarily for performance, more for the price it was sold at. Im pretty surprised with the torque though, thought it was going to be crap. Its equally as fast as my Mk3 VW GT.

Have you done anything to the engine? Why is it bellowing smoke? Have you wrecked the rings?

I have a mk1 1.4 8v..does that mean its an apq? either way its a quality little car. only 65bhp as apose to the 16v which has 75bhp but its great. now lowered and on alloys handles really well

I believe someone has achieved 77bhp from the APQ (in an Ibiza I saw on a different forum.)

This was with raceland manifold, custom exhaust full system (sports cat) and BMC CDA, which is reasonable (it was proven rolling road)