Superchip/Dastek or equivalent

broom

I am sure i read somewhere that you can not chip the ecu on gti's, something about it being packed in with glue?

is this true, cuse i was quite hoping to chip it in some way shape or form as my first mod (once ive got the car that is)

Jury's still out on that one - I think someone found a company in Devon who said they could chip it, and a number of us are looking at the Dastek Unichip solution, which will fit our cars, but we're unsure how well it'll work.

Bear in mind that this is not a turbo'd car - you'll be lucky to see more than a `5-10bhp` gain with a chip, which means for the money there are better ways to increase the car's power.

True, might be worth me holding on from the chip solution then, to be honest once ive got the car i doubt ill want to touch the engine any way for the first year

apart from a lovely BMC CDA of course biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm guessing one of those piggy back chips would work that intercept the signal from the ECU and alter it. Thing is, I can imagine there probably isn't the market for a Lupo GTI one as there aren't that many of them around compared to things like new Mini's or Golfs.

Talking of power gains......a guy with a 1.4 16v Ibiza just posted on SE and he is putting out 120bhp. A BMC gave him 6bhp and the chip gave him 13bhp which is impressive for an NA engine.