Acessing wiper arms

Hi, Don't know if anyone can help - I need to replace the arm that operates the passenger side wiper. There's a plastic panel (I think it's the one that the scuttle is attached to) between the windscreen and the engine compartment that I need to remove. Can anyone please describe how to do it.

Many thanks in advance,

Max

Easy peasy mate.

Remove both wiper arms first.

Remove the 2 foam pads and the bulkhead seal strip first (all three just pull off gently).

Remove the three screw that hold the pollen filter access panel in place (passenger side of engine bay).

Pull the scuttle panel out of its retaining groove in the windscreen glass. Be careful not to bend panel too much or drag it accross the wing tops.

You will now see the wiper linkage. Any more instructions (how to get wiper linkage and motor off etc) or is this enough for you? I can post more if you need them.

Good luck.

Oh and when refitting thr scuttle panel to the groove in the windscreen glass I would clean both parts first so the scuttle seats nicely in the glass. The panel just clips in with a tap from your hand, not too hard or you may crack wiondscreen.

• 4 weeks later...
Easy peasy mate.

Remove both wiper arms first.

Remove the 2 foam pads and the bulkhead seal strip first (all three just pull off gently).

Remove the three screw that hold the pollen filter access panel in place (passenger side of engine bay).

Pull the scuttle panel out of its retaining groove in the windscreen glass. Be careful not to bend panel too much or drag it accross the wing tops.

You will now see the wiper linkage. Any more instructions (how to get wiper linkage and motor off etc) or is this enough for you? I can post more if you need them.

Good luck.

Oh and when refitting thr scuttle panel to the groove in the windscreen glass I would clean both parts first so the scuttle seats nicely in the glass. The panel just clips in with a tap from your hand, not too hard or you may crack wiondscreen.

I'm trying this action tomorrow, probably need to change my wiper engine...

Please continue the description on how to replace the wiperengine since I'm not at all mechanical:-)

Thanks in advance

Hans

Edited by luposweden