VERY URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Taking my single wiper off and fitting standard Gti aero wipers as I want to go slightly more OEM.

About to re-assemble the standard wiper mechanism and shim it up but not sure which way the spindles go in the wiper motor frame casting.

Both wiper drive arms (the bit of pressed plate) look the same length but the big difference is in the end linkage (the bit that the wiper spindles are welded to). Each end piece is a slightly different length (and has a different joggle in) and this obviously controls the angle each arm moves through.

I don't want to try it out as if I get it the wrong way it is a pain to strip it all down and swap them over again.

Can anyone help please or better still does anyone have a photo of the mechanism (under the plastic scuttle panel) so I can re-assemble the wipers. A picture from EKTA or ELSA (the build book) would be useful too.

Please, please, please.

Topic seems to have appeared twice.

Mod - can you delete this one please?

All done now. Just worked out the required sweep angle of each wiper arm.

For reference (and it is kind of obvious really) the passenger arm moves through a greater angle than drivers arm so the drivers arm has the longer crank arm.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI