Silver GTI M60 Towards Bury (666 reg)

Dave_M

Hi,

Spotted you earlier this evening (close to midnight) coming from Droylsden way and pulling onto the M60 northbound.

I was in the black Leon Cupra R with the plate similar to yours (number of the beast) - nice plate by the way! Presume you are an enthusiast with a plate like that!

I waited for you to come off the slip road having blasted past you and you got past me just before the junction... I don't play racing games at over 100mph, sorry! I have had it close to 150 and it's a scary thing I can tell you. Well, you were clocking up some speed in that little thing - great.

So, why am I on here? I used to have a Lupo myself (bet you wondered why I beeped!) and moved on to an Audi S3 and now the LCR. I love the Loop GTI though. Great cars. I fancy putting a 225 engine in one... Hum...

Anyway, love the car!

David.

Come on..who was it ??

i know of 1 other silver one around here but not seen this silver one with the 666 reg

Hi Tom,

How goes it?

I'd imagine the driver is on here. Speed demon. The Lupo tops out at 126mph (book figures) but he must have been close to reaching that. I let him blast past and after accelerating to 110 and holding the needle, he was still pulling.

hi there it was me

and yeah you did pull back when my needle hit 125

and i had me and the girlfriend, two suitcases and the rear window heaters on as well

but yeah you flashed and pipped your horn as if to say come on cheeky biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

but i topped out at 130 on the straight further on

silly but you started it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by engineater

hi there it was me

and yeah you did pull back when my needle hit 125

and i had me and the girlfriend, two suitcases and the rear window heaters on as well

but yeah you flashed and pipped your horn as if to say come on cheeky biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

but i topped out at 130 on the straight further on

silly but you started it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Aye - really nice car mate. Love em. One of my top ten cars, most definitely!

Before seeing you, I had just come from humbling two chavs in a new Scooby up in Ashton (think it was a prodrive 300?). It was neck and neck down a stretch of road (me pulling a few inches as we reached silly speeds) so I bet he was upset for not shaking off a crappy Leon. I'm not going to lie and say I killed him, but I can just imagine the conversation in the car "eeyar mate, watch me knob this... hang on it's still with us." We all know Subarus are the fastest cars in the world now don't we...

I suppose you are right. I did start it... Blasted it down that slip road and hit the dreaded one ton banning speed pretty quickly. I was remapped and rolling roaded at Jabbsport down in Peterborough last week and although it was a cold day (hence slightly higher figures) I RRd at 280bhp and 292lb/ft.

I am loving the remap, but so much power through the two front wheels is a pain from a standing start in this cold and wet weather. Once rolling it is really shifting - just can't wait til we get good weather and the roads are dry.

i have the problem with the loose front end in the wet too

not bad figures there too

but soon as i saw you were a cupra r i knew you was playing smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

but i must have a decent engine then if i was still pulling at 110

and for a sixteen hundred it aint half bad

i have the problem with the loose front end in the wet too

not bad figures there too

but soon as i saw you were a cupra r i knew you was playing smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

but i must have a decent engine then if i was still pulling at 110

and for a sixteen hundred it aint half bad

Cant be as bad an engine as AK, well he has it fixed "apparently" rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Hi engineater

Nice to know theres another Gti lurking around this neck of the woods

Around here often or just passing? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You a 5 or 6 speeder?

Tom

Not far from where you had your encounter with my mate in his LCR biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ill look out for you pal in the future and give you a wave

Look out for me,black loop with ronal turbos

Tom

Im gona organise a manchester meet for us lot sometime in the new year when weather is better and i have time on my hands,so keep a look out on here for anything.

We'll box him in next time if all 3 of us happen to be there at the same time biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Only kiddin David

Take it easy,these roads are fookin pants!!!!!!!!!

I think I am misunderstood (or perhaps I am misreading you). In saying you were pulling, I meant that once I hit around the ton mark and stayed there momentarilly, you were pulling more distance on me... In other words, you were doing more than I was i.e. well over a ton. Naughty boy. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Yeah 280 through the front wheels is fine and manageable. There's a guy on SCN who has just had a remap to 360 in his Leon - nutter. Jabbasport told me it is scary quick. Mine is rapid, but just a handful in the wet - but hey, if you guys have slips and slides with 125bhp, imagine double that in a car... JBS in chesterfield have a 400bhp+ FWD car (Skoda Octavia I think!)

If I hadn't just had the remap and shelled out 500quid for it, I think I'd be investing in that Venom IHI Lupo though. Mmmmm. I'll stick with mine for now though. Just waiting to hit 25 mark and get some more NCBs and then some proper big boys toys.

I think a Loop meet would be great. Can I come in my car though? remember Tom, you were on our seatcupra.net stand!!!!

Edited by Dave_M

Yeah course,dont hold me to organise anything though,but your welcome

It wont be a big meet, try keep it sorta low key so we dont get any knob heads coming along

Bring on the good weather and out come the shiny motors

Nah I didn't beat you. Please don't say that. I am not a bully, honest. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I blasted past you (you probably asleep in Lupo land) and then let you catch up. Subsequently, you caught up and blasted past me, terrified of going over 100 and getting anymore speeding points hehehehe. I think performance wise the two cars are in different leagues so it's not even worth comparing them. I just know that if I had a few extra thousand lying about I would love a Lupo GTI - proper little go kart. Tom's is ace - especially with the mods.

With regards to big engines in small cars - I reckon that Venom Lupo shreds. I drove a 350bhp Audi A3 last week and that was manic; definitely the fastest thing I have ever driven. I keep thinking about buying another S3 and getting it IHId to 400bhp. I prefer the looks of the Leon by far (and performance) but I just wouldn't trust that much power through two wheels. I keep thinking; wait and get something evil like an Evo, M3, 911 or get something low key (e.g. the S3) and get mad power in it... Hum... Time will tell.

Anyways, going off topic musing here. Yeah Tom, organise a meet so I can drool over some Lupos.

In fact... Did any of you ever swap coats for a day when you were at school??? Can we swap LCR for Loop GTI for a day hehehe. Tom, have you driven my LCR or was it the S3? I can't remember.

most agree

but im lovin the gti at the mo and its fast enough for me

even though im 25 next year and got max no claims

well wouldnt mind a evo8 as a second car

I like the Evos. Definitely on my list of cars to look at. However, they are mega bucks to run and you see quite a lot of them around. That aside, they have a certain image. My Dad calls them drug-dealers' cars. I like the LCR and Loop GTI because you don't see many of them.

naaa your X5's are dealer cars trust me every dealer busted round here has one

but yeah i heard both the impreza and the evo are dear to run especially because of some fluid used in the back suspension

but its on my 'toys' list for when i win the lotto

Edited by engineater

Youve let me drive both pal..Ta very much biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Preferred the Leon,for some reason,it felt more special biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This was all before the visit to Jabbasport though mind you David!!!!

Leons look cool as ****...proper road presence that the S3 doesnt have

WOuld love one as my next car... Cupra R MMMMMMM shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Youve let me drive both pal..Ta very much biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Preferred the Leon,for some reason,it felt more special biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This was all before the visit to Jabbasport though mind you David!!!!

Leons look cool as ****...proper road presence that the S3 doesnt have

WOuld love one as my next car... Cupra R MMMMMMM shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Next time it's a nice day and we are out and about, I'll let you have a play in it. No worries.

Now that's what friends are for. Aren't I nice?!

Ohh i dont mind pal

Even just a passenger ride will do

Its not that i dont trust myself, its the other knobs on the road these days...there seems to be more and more popping up from somewhere sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

let me know what your upto tomoz buddy

your friend Tom laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Gona get some sleep now guys

Take it easy and keep your eyes peeled for the Boys In Blue lol