Leaky seals

N7_Lamb

Hello everyone.

I just just recently purchased a vw lupo sport 100bhp. I seem to be getting water in from the back and now the front. the seals do not look great but has anyone else ever had this problem as I don't really know what other ways this could be causing the leaks

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem, i have a 1.4 tdi sport. It leaked only the once at the rear and unfortunately that one time it had to leak into my sub! (luckily i repaired this *panic over). It does leak in through the very top right hand corner of the windscreen/roof join and sometimes decides to do this on the passenger side.

My initial thought was this was due to my windscreen being replaced last year and not being sealed properly but i actually think it comes in through at the end of the strips on the outer roof.

if you want a quick temp fix, i used a little vaseline over where it leaks, and believe it or not this actually worked! but more permanently a little bit of clear sealant does the job. Just think about how and where you are going to apply it and you'll be laughing! (careful some of them are used to bond as well!)