BBS RA's center bore

Tommysmith95

Is the centre bore hole too big or too small and if so by approx how much? Are they 14, 15 or 16 inch and what is the ET - should be cast into the wheel? I assume they are 4 x 100 PCD?

Are they pure BBS or are they BBS made for a manufacturer such as VW, Audi, Ford and Vauxhall all had BBS RA options - in these cases as well as the BBS logo cast into the wheel there may also be the manufacturer log cast into the wheel.

Are you sure as they are proper BBS as both Fiat and Toyota (and I'm sure lots of others not to mention the aftermarket) made wheels very similar to the RA and there are lots centre stickers available to turn copies in to real BBS.

• Like 1

Well they have the bbs logo on the wheel in cast so I assume they are real, but when I measure the center bore it comes out at 60.1mm but I was told they they should fit straight on with the 57.1 center bore so I was stumped, as only a newbie at all this any suggestions

Oh they are also 14" with an et of 42

60.1 is a Renault fitment, and it's also a standard fitment used by some aftermarket wheel companies such as AEZ and TSW and presumably BBS for none manufacturer specific wheels! To get them to centre properly on the wheel you will need some wheel spigots - basically plastic rings that reduced the size of the centre bore - you can get 60.1 to 57.1 spigot rings off ebay for £5-10 for 4. You need the rings to support the wheel on the hub, otherwise all the strain is placed on the wheel bolts which isn't good and more importantly it also makes sure the wheel is centred properly so you don't have vibration issues.

ET42 will put the wheel closer to the inner arch than standard wheels so depending on the width of the wheel you may need 5 to 15mm spacers of some description to get the right look. Get one tyre fitted and see how they look. BBS RAs are good looking wheels, so stick with it!

• Like 1

All I can say is a big thank you for your help I have ordered some spigot rings and I'm sure some spacers will be on the agenda because the tyres that are on them now have groves rubbed into them on the inner of the wheel so that must be the reason, oh and yes I will be keeping these I got them as a bargin.