`De-cat` / `De-pre`-cat

tdwindustries

i dont think it will be that loud if you still got the rest of the zorst as standard

go on do it, i got a spare cat+pre cat so can try it too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Two sensors, one before the cat, one after the cat, except (possibly) on the very earliest Lupos made, which would only have the `pre-cat` one.

The one before the cat is used to help determine the fuelling, the one after the cat is (I think) only used for emissions checks (not the case on all VAG cars). If you remove the cat or the second sensor, you'll almost certainly throw a fault code, and get the check engine light on.

There's no huge downside to that except that it's annoying, and also it means that the ECU has no way of warning you if something else goes seriously wrong (because the light is already lit).

I'd be going for a 200 cell race cat if I was doing it - no check light and you don't have to worry about the emissions test at MOT time. Costs more though.