who owns this

forsh21

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was for sale the other week on a Salvage Auction site I frequent (exactly the same photos), and it went for about £950 iirc. Would've bought it myself if I had the cash at the time. Wouldn't of thought it would take much to repair it.

They will be. Very fragile inside.

Yeah, I would be very suprised if either of them work tbh

cat c so must have some chassis damage

Doesnt work like that Im afraid, its just that the cost of repair exceeds the value of the vehicle

Yeah, I would be very suprised if either of them work tbh

Doesnt work like that Im afraid, its just that the cost of repair exceeds the value of the vehicle

nah...

why would it need a vic check then?

cat d's are write off's that are uneconomical to repair... most cat c's have chassis damage :confused:

nah...

cat d's are write off's that are uneconomical to repair... most cat c's have chassis damage :confused:

A Cat C is where just the cost of repair exceeds the cars value, D is where the cost of the repair and the ancillary costs exceeed the value of the car (hire car, excessively long lead times for parts etc)

A VIC is a Vehicle Identity Check, and is to make sure the car isnt cloned, it has nothing to to with the repairs themselves

nah...

if you add up the fact the headlights are 1k the bonnet is unavailable then all the front panels all brand new genuine it can very quickly climb to 3k

so its very easy to cat c one

if you add up the fact the headlights are 1k the bonnet is unavailable then all the front panels all brand new genuine it can very quickly climb to 3k

so its very easy to cat c one

^this.

having had a little front end bump in my sport and knowing how much all the parts would of been for that if i'd got all of them new then 3k sounds about right.

the only thing this is good for it breaking...unless you're lucky enough to come across a rear end damaged or one being broken gti

Who, the insurance? Because its cheaper for them to pay out the market value of the car. Remember the Ins co will use genuine parts at authourised repairers which are expensive. So you can get it fixed cheaply, parts from here/ebay etc and mates rates on the paint, but the ins co cant do this

Who, the insurance? Because its cheaper for them to pay out the market value of the car. Remember the Ins co will use genuine parts at authourised repairers which are expensive. So you can get it fixed cheaply, parts from here/ebay etc and mates rates on the paint, but the ins co cant do this

spot on