Crusoe's Z4

Crusoe

If you won he wasn't tryng :D as low as 5.4sec to 60 tested, factory figure 5.7sec to 62mph I believe. Not seen what the 0-100 is rated as which is of more relevance, probably around 13sec.

Edited by Crusoe

If you won he wasn't tryng :D as low as 5.4sec to 60 tested, factory figure 5.7sec to 62mph I believe. Not seen what the 0-100 is rated as which is of more relevance, probably around 13sec.

seemed to be about the same, and was only up to around 60ish. He was definatly gunning it, but im guessing it wasnt the top spec, probably just a 2.5 or somthing.

seemed to be about the same, and was only up to around 60ish. He was definatly gunning it, but im guessing it wasnt the top spec, probably just a 2.5 or somthing.

2lr auto wouldn't be very quick but, probably lacking driver skill

Nice choice, looked in one of these a year or so ago when I was looking for at a CSL. Felt very well put together and looked a quality piece of kit. BMW straight six motors have been creamy, smooth and very responsive for years now and I am sure the 3.0 is lovely. They make such a great howl too as the revs get towards the high end of the range. Is the hi-fi upgrade a Harmon Kardon system, if so then you will enjoy that during the roof up steady winter journies.

Remember it is winter, wet and lots of leaves on the road, you are as aware as I am that rwd can be a backstabber.

ps: I do not think a non Gti Lupo would see which way a 2.5 or 3.0 Z4 went.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

Nice choice, looked in one of these a year or so ago when I was looking for at a CSL. Felt very well put together and looked a quality piece of kit. BMW straight six motors have been creamy, smooth and very responsive for years now and I am sure the 3.0 is lovely. They make such a great howl too as the revs get towards the high end of the range. Is the hi-fi upgrade a Harmon Kardon system, if so then you will enjoy that during the roof up steady winter journies.

Remember it is winter, wet and lots of leaves on the road, you are as aware as I am that rwd can be a backstabber.

ps: I do not think a non Gti Lupo would see which way a 2.5 or 3.0 Z4 went.

Don't think i've see pics of your elise, r with the toyota engine is the one to have but still overpriced (or holding it's value well in your eyes) second hand at the moment. New Eagle F1s on mine just now which seem great in the wet, ice and snow always fun though. You driving the lotus year round or got a winter beater?

Don't want to go off topic for long, this is about your car.

There is a thread on here covering the Elise. It is the 'R' with the sports pack and touring pack. I have a Mercedes 190E (had it 2 years now) for bad weather, leaving places and also when I need more space but the Elise is used all year when it is not real bad weather.

Good idea to get new tyres this time of year, more so with it being a new car that you have not learnt yet. I am sure it has traction control (probably stability too), how good are they? By this I mean are they quite leanient or do they cut in quick before you get in a mess? Elise has traction but it will doesnt cut the power too much, still had it powersliding at Snetterton with the traction switched on.

• 9 months later...

Quick update and will get some more pictures later, got some blacked out OEM M spec front grills to add at the weekend instead of the silver in the top picture,

54915_large.jpg

Also designing my own Whalen Shift Machine gearknob too as my standard one is getting a bit chipped and worn. thinking something like this one.

memo1.jpg

memo2.jpg

Have BBS 108 split rims on it too now.

bmw_wheel_108.jpg

Edited by Crusoe

• 2 weeks later...