Chris260's Lupo Sport

chris260

Here's my lupo sport, only 2 weeks old and after i swore i wouldn't modify this one i just can't help myself!! :roll:

Will be getting coilovers in the next week and 15" RH Cups are waiting in the garage! They'll be going on at the weekend hopefully. Only mod on the pics is the R badge.

lupo2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

lupo1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

mynewlupo2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

You can see my mk1 driver in the background if you look carefully!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks nice mate! like lupo in that colour smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

treat her right!! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I like your car! very nice.

Personally after experiencing problems galore, id wait till you have run the car in, like a year of driving before you go for coilovers. My car's driver side, drive shaft and wheel bearing don't like coilovers!

That sort of thing was worrying me!! I spoke to vw about the warrenty stuff but i was holding back to see if there were any prob's that people have had!

I've got fixed height kit's on both my mk1's and wouldn't be thinking about them again. I'm going to see what it looks like with the cups on. I remember my mum's polo 16v was totally transformed when i put 15's on that biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Got loads of mod's planned!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Kamei grille, coilovers, wheels, gti headlights (maybe), german passenger side mirror so they both match!! haven't decided on the front spoiler yet but was thinking about the rieger one. :?

Just tried my RH Cup's on the lupo, they've come off my mk1 so aren't my first choice. I only put 2 on to see what they'd look like and i'm not sure . Thought they'd look better sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Comedy ride height doesn't help either !!

Opinions good or bad are welcome as i've budgeted for a set of wheels anyway! :wink:

Forgot to put the pics up!

Cup_1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Cup_2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

:oops: :oops:

I'm sure the Lupo Sport is higher as standard than the Arosa. I would have thought they would be the same but apparently not. Here's a pic of mine on standard springs for comparison.

58968512.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Don't forget i've got 50 profile tyres on at the moment and 14's on the other side!!

Think you're right tho, the arosa does look lower sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Wiered that isn't it. I always thought they were identical but it would appear not. Having ridden in a Lupo GTI recently I would say mine is ever so slightly softer, but not much.

Wow, and i was thinking in getting those wheels and save for suspension, think i'll do it the other way round lol

Great colour (mine) biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> only i don't have that engine sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

hello chris welcome to clunlupo love the car mate if you want coilovers i can get them cheap around the £500 pound mark fully adjustable FKs my friend runs AUTO CONCEPTS (my sponsor) and has set up a deal and great discount for lupo members

• 4 months later...

Right, got my coilovers on finally!!! lupolow6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

lupolow7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

lupolow8.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

lupolow9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

:wink:

Not sure how much it's down :? Probably about 65 to 75mm at the front, only about 40 at the back in that pic!

Tigz i'd just washed it! You should see it today!! :roll: biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I remember when mine was new, used to be clean ALLLL the time, after a few months I was like, oh it was polished last week... then it was like oh last month I did it lol

Looking nice @ coilies biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Lol @ Andi's washing (or lack of tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />)