Silver!'s GTI

Silver!

blush.gif Hi All,

So I've bought a Silver Lupo GTi. 54 plate and it's been here for it's entire life as far as I'm aware.

There are probably some on here who know more about it than me, but here's a few photographs taken on the first weekend of ownership...

In the front garden with her stablemate...
IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

Lupo want's to play...
HPIM2380.jpg

HPIM2381.jpg
House of Bruar, A9.

No mods happening, she's staying pretty much as she is.

She already has KW coilovers (if anyone knows exactly what type please let me know), so I'm more than happy on that front.

GTi badge going back on the rear. If I'm paying the insurance, then I want people to know!
Single head CD player on route.
I've bought a standard GTi 6 speed gear knob, but I'm feeling the love for the Momo solid machined alloy/stainless ball.

Looking for a 'new' space saver as I want to carry one on long trips. I'm gonna get a bag made up so it'll sit in the boot.

So if anyone has a spacesaver up for grabs. Must be as new.

TSO says I'm like a 14 year old boy looking at a pair of boobs in the flesh for the first time!

I tend to agree!

Ray

Looks great Ray!

I love the way the Seat has been dumped on the grass! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Like 1

It sits so right.

You need to decide if you're going for a GTI badge or a GTI badge laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by Swoxy

yeah as said, im 99% certain this belonged to 'loopy lupo' - aka alex, but he was forced to sell up when the baby was born. then 'silvergti' purchased the car from somewhere down his way...

its on kw v1 coilovers too might i add.

good too see its at a good home and still in the club!

Yeh as Andrew said, it used to be owned by Alex (think he lived in Wales), it was really well looked after when he had it. When the new owner got it he posted up pictures, but i don't think much was heard from him after that. It's a very nice car, i hope your enjoying it!

Wow! I wasnt expecting this one! Looks great, you've done exactly the same as me by going from the arosa gang to the lupo gang biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Prepare to be scorned by all arosa owners now laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Wow! I wasnt expecting this one! Looks great, you've done exactly the same as me by going from the arosa gang to the lupo gang biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Prepare to be scorned by all arosa owners now laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

...but I'm keeping my Arosa! Best of both worlds!

Thanks all!

Ray

It's a bonus that I got into the drive without raising it!

Now where's that website that sells -60mm springs for the Arosa...

R

Looks great Ray!

I love the way the Seat has been dumped on the grass! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

That is pride of place - On the front lawn [*cough]

Ray

Edited by Silver!

Silver i have two brand new unused spacesavers in the garden mate... i only need one im in hampshire.

Thanks for the offer, though I was hoping for something a bit closer!

You and Lunalupi - both sarrf of B'mingham!

I could relieve you of the standard knob if you decide against it - all the red is wearing off my letters...

I'll keep you in mind, though there was another on here for sale I'm sure.

Even TSO liked the MOMO...

...she said rather sexual. Round, smoth, shiney and hard. I'm confused!?!?!? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Ray

That looks rather nice! Looks to be a great ride height too shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

But why are there only photos of one side, something you're not telling us huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

...but I'm keeping my Arosa! Best of both worlds!

Thanks all!

Ray

Mine's still in the family too, sold it to my cousin to learn to drive in it sweating.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":sweating:" border="0" alt="sweating.gif" /> Everytime i see it i feel a bit gutted, twas my first car and i had such a laugh in it. Aaaaaah..... *breaks down in emotional heap*

That looks rather nice! Looks to be a great ride height too shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

But why are there only photos of one side, something you're not telling us huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Yes, the other side is the same! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just the way the car was parked on the drive and then on the walk towards her in the car park.

I'll get her cleaned after she's been serviced tomorrow and get a few more piccies.

She's off on a road trip to the lakes next week. Camping at Keswick, so I should get some decent shots.

TSO thinks I take too many photos of my cars.

Be prepared to see dirty photo's of this car!

Ray

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Yaw'l,

Just a few ic's from my recent trip to The Lakes...

Packed up and ready to go, quick stop at halfords to buy a picnic rug to cover everything up...

HPIM2382_500.jpg

Arrived at Keswick and the tent erected...

IMG_0485_500.jpg

IMG_0486_500.jpg

IMG_0487_500.jpg

IMG_0497_500.jpg

At Castlerigg Stone Circle, above Keswick...

IMG_0532_500.jpg

The Gti, TSO and a "stop playing with that camera, I'm hungry" look...

IMG_0650_500.jpg

Honister Slate Mine...

IMG_0670_500.jpg

Leaving the slate museaum, heading for Buttermere...

IMG_0671_500.jpg

Buttermere, for a walk around the lake and spot of refreshment...

IMG_0672_500.jpg

"Pity the flies..."

IMG_0674_500.jpg

...and another pic of the Gti and the flies...

IMG_0629_500.jpg

...in the weeds, well OK weed!

IMG_0630_500.jpg

Had a great week and took loads of other non-lupo related pics.

Ray

Edited by Silver!

Such a beautiful car...Im jealous tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Don't be jealous: Your time will come. You have a nice car for someone of your years. My first car cost me £80 (in 1980) and quite a bit of work to keep it on the road, though I did have a bike at the same time which cost quite a bit more (Kawasaki KH250 - £500 in think).

Recoginse some of them roads!!

Up by the slate mine is some amazing scenery!

Nice pics, Gti looks great shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Yeah, love the Lakes, like one of those model villages you get in holiday towns, but of Scotland!

Thanks!

Ray