Cardaft is back .....

cardaft

Picked this up yesterday its a 2002 Arosa S TDi with only 26,000 miles and full Seat Service history. 3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010474.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010476.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010477.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

456.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

It drives totaly different to my 1.0, brakes, clutch, and obviously power.

It really is quite quick and tbh i didnt think it was going to be this fast so im quite happy with it lol :D

Edited by cardaft

Looks smart mate! thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

Thanks shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

looks cool. Are those standard rear lamps on Arosa's? As the very few Ive seen have them on?

Yeah mk2's have them but early mk2's had the same only red backing smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yes, i think they are standard on the mark2s arnt they? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Yup smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks for your comments cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Edited by cardaft

Awesome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Welcome to the tdi club wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> hehehe.

Lee.

Can we have badges?

lookin good mate how u keep your seats so clean?

Cheers, i just got the car so that how the seats were ,not sure how im going to clean then though when they do need it, anyone any ideas?

Nice car you got there mate. Seat mudflaps too! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> You should get yourself up to the next meet.

Thanks, I like the mudflaps, always finishes a car off in my opinion, if it hadnt have came with them i would have got them anyway, looks smart shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> . Yeah i might have a drive up sometime biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow and i can give it a good clean and polish biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Cheers everyone biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by cardaft

Awesome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Welcome to the tdi club wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> hehehe.

Lee.

Cheers biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Awesome mate ! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Great little engine arent they!!!

Can we have badges?

will sort some out. I meant to get some done at Ed38 this year at ASS Signs or is it A&S signs?

either way... we were gona have some done but couldn't decide where they would be best placed.... Lee wanted some done for the bottom of the bootlid but i'm not too keen on this idea...

Awesome mate ! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Great little engine arent they!!!

will sort some out. I meant to get some done at Ed38 this year at ASS Signs or is it A&S signs?

either way... we were gona have some done but couldn't decide where they would be best placed.... Lee wanted some done for the bottom of the bootlid but i'm not too keen on this idea...

Yeah its a cracking engine, really impressed so far biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

car looks great, you'll get obsessed with keeping it clean though. have a look around for the best stuff for black cars.

I pop onto www.detailingworld.com for info/advice when I'm in the mood to make my car even shinier.

Yeah i know, my silver one looks clean even when it isnt, the black shows all the dirt. Mine is a solid back yours is metallic isnt it?

What do you recommend for polishing etc black cars?

Chris

Edited by cardaft

Below the VW badge?

You need some carpet mats!

Let me guess your number plate, is it '74mpg' ?

Yep its on my list of things to do biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

and nope its not, its a letter then a number then MPG wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

spoilt lucky ******!2 cars ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ahwell lol; ive been promised a mini cooper s huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ...in 3-4 after i finish college....os just wait til then hehe tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

since when is bug-ger a bad word :s

spoilt lucky ******!2 cars ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ahwell lol; ive been promised a mini cooper s huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ...in 3-4 after i finish college....os just wait til then hehe tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

since when is bug-ger a bad word :s

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> yep its great being able to have your choice of 2 arosas to drive biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> , but i need to sell my 1.0 very soon, weve now got 10 cars and parking is very very tight lol

Chris

God forbid Greenpeace visit you!

P1010488.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Also took off my areo rear wiper and added it:

P1010483.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

123.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Not much point in buying the same bits again when the next owner of the arosa probably will never know the difference P1010526.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

I think ill give at a wash and polish tomorrow, and maybe see about getting a CD player lol

And at some point find a better location for pics wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Chris

Edited by cardaft

nice car and a nice upgrade really smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> the mats are crap ive got them and theyve been in there from new but they dont wear very well at all are a bast*rd to keep clean and stain very easy

as said in my test drive thread i was generally impressed with the tdi i felt the turn in was alot better than my 1.4 or the 1.0 and 16v sport i drove and out of corner traction seemed alot better but that may have been due to tyre choice

wayne

nice car and a nice upgrade really smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> the mats are crap ive got them and theyve been in there from new but they dont wear very well at all are a bast*rd to keep clean and stain very easy

as said in my test drive thread i was generally impressed with the tdi i felt the turn in was alot better than my 1.4 or the 1.0 and 16v sport i drove and out of corner traction seemed alot better but that may have been due to tyre choice

wayne

lol, ive got the same mats in my 1.0 which have been in from new and they havent worn too badly, and there a lighter colour than those, just didnt want a cheap halfords set wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Im really impressed by the handling, it feels much firmer in the bends but not as hard over bumps, its much quicker than i thought it would be aswel. The tyres on it arnt too great, there is pleanty of tread on them but there isnt a pair on it, i think i may swap the wheels with my 1.0 as they have new conties and firestones and i couldnt fault the conties on the front of that.

Chris