- Custom cold air feed

- Oil catch tank

- Smoothed and colour coded engine cover

- Ashley manifold with race cat.

STYLING MODIFICATIONS:

INTERIOR:

- Sill Plates

- mk5 Golf GTI seats

- Colour coded rear light black plastic bits.

- mk7 Polo GTI handbrake cover with Lupo knob.

- 3M carbon fibre vinyl'd door handles, seatbelt covers and seat height adjuster handles.

EXTERNAL:

- German Plates

- Delocked

- Debadged

- Colour-coded rear VW badge

- Removed rear wiper

- White LED sidelights (melted)

- Stubby Aerial

- Removed orange filters from rear lights

- Black bonnet

- Official VW Roof bars

- Cheapo roof box, painted black

- Rusty bonnet

- Amber LED sidelights

- Trimmed front arches

- Cambridge lights

CHASSIS:

- KW Variant 1 Coilovers

- 280mm G60 brake upgrade with Black Diamond grooved discs all round. Gone!

- Wilwood 4 Pistons, with 280mm Maxtorg discs, Mintex 1144 pads and braided hoses.

- Black and Red Bathursts with 195/45/15 Toyo Proxes.

- Compomotive TH Mono's with 165/50/15 Nankang Ditchfinder NS2's.

- Yellow Bathursts with 195/45/15 Toyo Proxes T1-R's.

- Porsche Teledials low offset 6's and 7's with 22mm spacers and 165/50/15 Bridgestone Potenzas.

- VW Estorils with 165/50/15 Bridgestone Potenzas.

- Exips 7j with 195/45/15 Toyo Proxes 4

- Porsche 928's, 16x7, 165/40/16 Nankang NS-2's.

ICE:

- MFD

- Rockford Fosgate amp

- DLS components

DSC04098.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC04079.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Update with new pictures. Lowered the back a bit more since these pics, I took the adjuster rings off the coilies.

Edited by Philplop

Very nice mate, you'll have to get yourself along to one of the north east meets sometime.

Bit of a size difference between the lupo, the ka and that massive Dodge Ram!! cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Very nice mate, you'll have to get yourself along to one of the north east meets sometime.

Bit of a size difference between the lupo, the ka and that massive Dodge Ram!! cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Yeah, I will do, I missed the last one because I was at work, really wanted to see the Lupo VR6 as well. angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

There's also an RX8 hidden behind the Ka, in Red, of course biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Have you had the camber checked since you lowered it?

Nope, not yet, just finished it this afternoon then had to go to work, will get it booked in though. Doesn't look too bad, you can't really notice the negative camber unless you get a spirit level up against it (which I did tonight).

Was it 2 degrees negative camber and 1 degree toe in people recommended?

Edit: Been searching through the forums for a while and people seem to recommend -1.25 camber and a 'smidge' of toe in, whatever a smidge is.

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

looks well tasty phill shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

how far down have you gone at the front? looks lower than mine. i managed to reshape one of my arches the other day from the tire (215/45/15) after hitting a pothole with a bit of right turn in aswell sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

pushed back into shape now though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yeah definatley come along to the next meet if you can make it

Edited by payna

looks well tasty phill shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

how far down have you gone at the front?

I measured the lowest part of the front bumper to have 8cm clearance, whereas before it was 13.5, so I reckon about 55mm at the front, driveshaft is scraping a bit though I think, so I'm gonna have to raise it up a bit sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Just noticed the camber is more out on the drivers side than the passengers, so gonna have to adjust that, is yours just the least negative you can make it on the elongated holes? From what I read last night, that would make it -1.25.

Cheers biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looks really good! I always wanted a red one until i bought mine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Where did you get your plates from? Im on the lookout rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Looks really good! I always wanted a red one until i bought mine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Where did you get your plates from? Im on the lookout rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I always wanted a silver one until I bought mine! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

www.theplateman.com Faultless service. I recommend him

aye mine is about -50mm and scrapes the bumper over some speed bumps and stuff but nothing too serious, when i get some 195's or 205's back on il be much happier.

i just left the weight of the hub on the elongated holes so its at its maximum setting i reckon. i havent had it checked though... something i must do before the new tires go on rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of new pics put in to the first post, took them a couple of weeks ago up at Newcastle, the river had a line of old cars in it, for some reason.

The back's a tad lower now, as I've removed the adjuster ring from the back, will get some more pictures next time I'm somewhere a bit more scenic than my driveway.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, it makes me happy. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looks great mate, I need to get my coilovers got now. I must be the only GTI 4x4 in Newcastle now, I know I've got Eibachs on but stil...

So how much they cost you mate if you don't mind me asking? And what you got them dropped at both front and rear? Looks a great height in second pic.

Keep up the good work fella.

Oh and Andy get 195's mate much better than 205's honestly.

Edited by hanley

So how much they cost you mate if you don't mind me asking? And what you got them dropped at both front and rear? Looks a great height in second pic.

They were #600 (stupid computer) delivered, got them from VWR Lupo on here, he's got a thread about them in the For Sale section.

Not sure on the drop, I've got 21 3/4" from the ground to the arch, whatever that is, don't know what it was as standard though.

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

some nice pics there phill, and an even better car.

are you up for a meet at the baltic next weekend?

details here.....

demon vw

i think me and adam will be having a drive along aswell as rich cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

@ rich - ive got 195's on now matey!! swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" />

are you up for a meet at the baltic next weekend?

I'm at work til 4 or 4:30, so might be able to come up for a bit if there'll still be plenty of people there.

Look forward to it. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ...aye we just need the new fella with the anthracite one to come along and we will have the complete set!

cool, they are still to announce a time there but, iam sure if we keep check we will soon find out!