Silver! (Arosa)

Silver!

Hi all, fed up waiting for the snow and ice to come or be over...

So firstly, as it says in the title Ive got my wheels on...

No problems apart from this:

bbs_09_400.jpg

I don't want them on, but I can't get them off! tried holding valve with pliers, but don't want to damage it. Ideas?!?!?

So here goes:

bbs_15_400.jpg

bbs_13_400.jpg

bbs_14_400.jpg

bbs_01_400.jpg

bbs_03_400.jpg

bbs_02_400.jpg

bbs_04_400.jpg

bbs_05_400.jpg

bbs_06_400.jpg

bbs_07_400.jpg

bbs_08_400.jpg

45mm AVO springs on order and tyres I think will drop to a 55 profile when replaced. Though the 60s drive OK around town and up the A9 for a short blast.

Waiting for:

Stubby ariel

stubby mirror (and colour code)

...and finally a photo of my boot liner!

bbs_11_400.jpg

Opinions welcome unless you don't like it, in which case leave me alone!

Silver!

Edited by Silver!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boot liner is ace.

Why thank you Loopy. I think so too!

Maybe a nice light next.

Silver!

wheels do make a difference but you need to get it on coilovers tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

45mm the lowest I can go and get it on the drive. Wanted 60mm sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Silver!

Very nice mate, they really look very good indeed...

But I cant beleave you've bottled it on the springs angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Very nice mate, they really look very good indeed...

But I cant beleave you've bottled it on the springs angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thank you.

...either that or mod the pavement/driveway with an angle grinder!

Blame OLW as he mentioned having trouble getting on ramps at a 40mm drop...

YOUR FAULT CRAIG!!! glare.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":glare:" border="0" alt="glare.gif" />

S!

looking good really like them wheels biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Where did you get that boot liner from looks nice? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

looking good really like them wheels biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Where did you get that boot liner from looks nice? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

the bay of all e's... £15 + £4.83 = £19.83 my Fiat one cost me £30 in 2001.

This shop to be precise, though they've none listed at the mo'.

Silver!

Thank you.

...either that or mod the pavement/driveway with an angle grinder!

Blame OLW as he mentioned having trouble getting on ramps at a 40mm drop...

YOUR FAULT CRAIG!!! glare.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":glare:" border="0" alt="glare.gif" />

S!

Dont listen to him, he drives a 4x4 wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by Adam-B

I had a set of those valve caps a few years ago. Had them on for 6 months and they seized solid mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Managed to get them off by holding the rubber part of the valve with a pair of mole grips and using a socket on the valve cap. The alloy seems to react with the metal in the valve and they weld themselves on - stops the local neds nicking them though I suppose laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Get them off and throw them away!

The wheels look a bit old for the car. BBS wheels on a Seat doesnt look right in my opinion.

Grappo: Can't you read... I'll repeat myself... LOUDER...

Opinions welcome unless you don't like it, in which case leave me alone!

Nah! Just kiddin'. To be honest I was a bit worried about the old/new thing, but now thy're on am happy with them. Once I get my springs delivered and fitted I'll reconsider, but for now...

Silver! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

*edited to make 'quote' easier to read!!!

Edited by Silver!

looks good mate , if you wanted i could of brought by car up and tried to put my car on your drive and see how much clearance there was , cause my front bumper is still donald ducked from the garage but still

with the valve caps , i would say the same thing happend to me , i put a bit of fairy liquid round the cap and the valve joint , leave it for 5 mins , then with a pair of rubber gloves on try and then take the cap off

hee grapo... eat this.. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Why... thank you young man!

S!

looks good mate , if you wanted i could of brought by car up and tried to put my car on your drive and see how much clearance there was , cause my front bumper is still donald ducked from the garage but still

Thanks for the offer.

45mm will be OK it was the middle of the sills which were touching.

Ta

S!

I like the wheels, but the tyres aare waaaay too chunky!!!

Agreed Zip!, but that's what they were wearin' on the Golf Cab. I'm just a poor IT Team Leader so will run the 185/60/14 for a while and then put on 55 profiles. I should get my 45mm drop on soon too.

Ta!

S!