GTi Xenon's

Dubweiser

You're not the first to think of this, do a search and you'll get the same answers. Its possible, but you'll need a nice pot of money and some time. I don't know of anyone whos actually done it, you might aswell just chuck in your Sport for a GTi. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you take a look at the top of the page in the styling forum, you will see I have done alot of the searches for you!

This one is the one to look out for wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11985&hl=

And heres the link page

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16178

They will fit, but you'd have to do major work to turn what are indicators on your Sport, into the Spots as they are on the GTi, as they are different size.

Didn't know that!

One thing you have to remember is that the GTI headlights are auto leveling, which standard headlight are not.

Extra mechanilal linkage if I recall rightly.............well it was on my S3 for sure

But you don't have to make them self-levelling do you?

Yes - as they cannot be manually adjusted - thus an MOT failure if they're not level.

Word of warning though - as I've just discovered (see the other thread), VW want £200 to change ONE BULB.

mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Yes - as they cannot be manually adjusted - thus an MOT failure if they're not level.

Word of warning though - as I've just discovered (see the other thread), VW want £200 to change ONE BULB.

mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Don't they also have to have washers to be an MOT pass.

they can be adjusted manually, thats how you set them up smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> , the auto leveling is for example when the car boot is loaded, instead of the lights shining up they will level themselves ... you show me a mot centre that makes sure that this function is working :S

i dont have the headlight sprayers and it went thru mot last year ...

are you talking about complete Gti Headlights for £40, or for Xenon bulbs for £40 ?

Agreed, neither auto-levelling nor washer jets being absent is an MOT failure, although it's still illegal.

Theoretically you could fit them to a non-GTI and just replace the inner indicators with a sidelight bulb, but you really need a high-beam halogen in there as well (like the GTI does). You could just use the high-beam xenon, but whenever you flashed anyone you'd put a lot of load on the ballast and bulb, and the results could be quite expensive.

On the GTI, if you flash the headlights with the xenons off, only the halogen high-beams flash, preventing premature wear on the xenon circuitry.

To be honest I cant see it being easy.

Ive been trying to make sense of the loom for the last two weeks.

Everything, is intercounted.

The rev counter for example is feed from sensor > bus > ecu > bus . clocks!

I know a chap who is fitting these to a non GTI.

This chap isnt shy when it comes to mods, and hes finding it tough.

If it is the full headlamps so cheap, and you dont fancy the challange could you let me know where they are please?

On the GTI, if you flash the headlights with the xenons off, only the halogen high-beams flash, preventing premature wear on the xenon circuitry.

Blimey, you live and learn. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Makes sense though seeing as the Xenon's take a while to "power up".

Also have you noticed they flaps wink at you when that happends?

Looks ace.

The lights will not fit straight in either, a bit of modding will be needed. But that's all I'm saying before I get shot.

Hold on theres a knock at the door...

lol I know that feeling wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Dubweiser, if you can get em for £40 each I'd buy em anyway wether you fit them or not. There is crazy profit to be had there. You don't wanna know how much they cost brand new plus they should last the cars lifetime so second hand ones (that's if they are) so be no worse than brand new ones.