rear spoiler

1 Litre Screamer

i have one that looks like a 2 piece one but is actually a 1 piece spoiler , its connects over the top of the brake light , or you can get one that goes all the way arround the brake light top and bottom .

;)+Oct 15 2005, 06:39 PM-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> @ Oct 15 2005, 06:39 PM)
i have one that looks like a 2 piece one but is actually a 1 piece spoiler , its connects over the top of the brake light , or you can get one that goes all the way arround the brake light top and bottom .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the ones i have seen are two seperate pieces that fit upto the brake light, i cant make my mind up as to getting the two piece or the gti, not sure which i really like!!

I have/had a one piece spoiler that will allow you to fit it without it rubbing on the arial.

If I remember correctly, the GTi arial is set further forward to the non GTi?

***** pic, but I dropped it on the floor shortly after taking this pic sized1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Tigz

Doubt there will be many GTi's in the breakers! If you find some keep us posted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its looking like the two piece option, the rear needs something on now, have just taken the rear wiper assembly off and fitted a plastic grommet in the hole, weight saving and sleak looks! it really changes the rear end, looks wider, daft and unexplainable i know but it does!!!

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

I have/had a one piece spoiler that will allow you to fit it without it rubbing on the arial.

If I remember correctly, the GTi arial is set further forward to the non GTi?

***** pic, but I dropped it on the floor shortly after taking this pic sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i like the tints, thats got to be added to my list once i'm moving again!

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

You can buy a one peice spoiler from vw. Its not a GTI spoiler but it is a aftermarket part with a vw part number. Ive got one on my lup biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Its about £90 if i remember from Wayside. It made by AB Design for vw.

You get the spoiler, brake light extension wire and fitting kit.

;)+Oct 15 2005, 06:43 PM-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> @ Oct 15 2005, 06:43 PM)
luke i though you had the same spoiler as paddy , his was fitted by VW and its an MS Designs spoiler

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure what spoiler Pddy has smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Its the only one VW sell after market for the lupo.

If you can find a picture of one i will say if its the same ( I wauld do it but i dont know how to pst pictures blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />)

;)+Oct 15 2005, 06:58 PM-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> @ Oct 15 2005, 06:58 PM)
i could be wrong , just i was sure that they were the same

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know mate. I Got mine from edition 38 for £40 as it had a corner broken off it but it was still in the box and repairable biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

or ya can get the one for the seat arosa from seat, and this curves in a little where the arial would hit it otherwise...

i'll get the model number of it for you in the morning , its one of the two MS Design Seat Arosa spoilers

heres some more pics

DSCN5149.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCN5148.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

or ya can get the one for the seat arosa from seat, and this curves in a little where the arial would hit it otherwise...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This would be the one that Pete is talking about Spoiler2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

£86 with my trade discount (convinced the parts guy i worked in their bodyshop wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) at my local dealer for the above spolier and there flimsy as hell and sooo not worth the money in my honest oppinion but they dont look so bad once on the car

Flimsy as hell my ass. Theres no movement at all on mine. £93 direct from Seat in Stoke.

Got them to spray and fit it as well. Came to £277 in total and thats at trade price seeing as we run an engine tuning business and have done a few of the cars that their employees use.

Edited by Rookwise

Main difference between the Lupo and the Arosa spoiler is that the Arosa one is a lot cheaper (£138 from VW), you dont have to take the brake light out as the spoiler goes across the top and the Arosa spoiler doesn't go as deep on the sides as the VW version.

Cos the VW one goes further down on the sides making it look chunkier wheras the Arosa one cuts short cos of the wrap around glass.

Have a look at Steve WP's green Lupo as he's got a gen VW one on his.

Edit: Here it is (hope Steve doesn't mind me posting them)

DSC00256.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00257.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00258.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00259.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Rookwise

so many types??? i had made a decision but i'm stuck again! i still like the seat arosa type. if i had the time i'd make a carbon fibre version at work but i havent got anytime to mess just yet, although it could be a christmas project as work tend to go quite at xmas. mmm theres a thought?!!