Kit

joem

Yeah theres been a few topics about this.. it will fit but youll also have to replace the front wings and maybe sills also.

Then the back arches might need flaring so they look right against the wider fronts.

Alot of work.. do- able.. if you really want it though

Hi im new and am getting a l.oe lupo and was wondering if a gti front bumper will fit? If so how much is it.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by penguinspring

You could fit the gti bumper and with a bit of cutting and reshaping and then glassin you could use it with your standard wings etc but it would be alot of work

To do the job properly which i looked into as i was gonna do it youll need

Gti front wings

Gti sill sections

Gti rear quarter panels

Gti front bnumper

Gti rear bumper so it all matches

lot of work but worth it though you will need a top class welder for the rear quarters and sill sections as there structural

And once you've put all that on the car it needs to be given some more power to pull it around with, by which point you may as well get a GTI Lupo tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nope actually the car could weigh less if done properly such as the wings are alluminium so that saves weight

if you use the bonnet as well that would knock a bit off

use the doors and that would also lighten it

bloody ell defo do it do you need any more reasons?

screw all that work and get a rieger bumper spliter (£115). same sort of shape but without the hassle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly what im trying to do with mine but that splitter i am only finding for £150 odd plus vat at venom so where is the cheaper place as its only half a bumper the most i want to pay is £100 really but dont mind paying a bit more if its good but not bloody £200 as thats extrotionate

nope actually the car could weigh less if done properly such as the wings are alluminium so that saves weight

if you use the bonnet as well that would knock a bit off

use the doors and that would also lighten it

bloody ell defo do it do you need any more reasons?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

GTI wings, doors, bonnet, bumpers... fitting & spraying + cost of 1.0 Lupo...

Whats the point? Buy a GTI with 2.5x the power.

I'm guessing the insurance on the gti may be a bit too high.

I've also enquired about insurance on a lupo 1.8t / 2.0tfsi and it's a lot cheaper to use a 1.0-1.4 over a gti, even though the end result will be pratically identical. blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> not worked that one out yet.

If you actually went through with putting a full GTI kit onto a 1L it'd end up costing you more on insurance than a standard GTI as it would be looked at as a modded car.

I've also enquired about insurance on a lupo 1.8t / 2.0tfsi and it's a lot cheaper to use a 1.0-1.4 over a gti, even though the end result will be pratically identical.  not worked that one out yet.

The GTI is more stealable to start with.

If you actually went through with putting a full GTI kit onto a 1L it'd end up costing you more on insurance than a standard GTI as it would be looked at as a modded car.

I dont think that's strictly true, if you are only 17/18 as you wouldn't be able to get insurance easily on the gti anyway, probably look at quotes of 2000+ whereas a 1.0 costing 900+ (first car) is not going to rise to 2000 just with a body kit. My 4th car when I was 19 1.0e polo cost around 700 to insure (those were the days laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) and only rose to 800 upgrading wheels and lowered. but your right about it being stealable.

Some good insurance companys allow any bodymods you want but wont allow any sort of performance upgrades

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

start the list then please? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> would be great to get a quote off them for my sport

Mentioning S P O R T is the killer mate its like saying RS HIc are supposedly very good on mods as are Adrian flux but both require you to be over 19 ive heard of people getting insured with body mods at a younger age but you never know if there lying

My point was your far more likely to get insured on a kitted 1.4 than a standard GTi