Arosa Sport Front Fog Lights

WetmonkeyTDI

Just looking into buying a front fog light kit for the Arosa - i was servicing the TDI when i noticed tha both left hand and right hand side vents of the front bumper are held in by 1 screw each - surely to replace with front fogs must be a doddle!

Anyone looked into this before??

Its not quite that easy, but close to it. The lower part is also held on with with a couple more bolts. If your car is a Mk2 Arosa its even easier, just unclip the 2 side scoops and replace with foglight apertures.

Sorry mate no. SEAT seem to be more accomidating than VW though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Left and Right Apertures

6H0853665BB41

6H0853666BB41

Both 4.57 each + VAT

Lupo/Arosa Fog Lights direct from stealers about £40 excl VAT

6H0941699A

6H0941700A

Enjoy - got my fogs from ebay! +£45 delivered

nice one mate ! ,is that for the honey comb apatures ???? , if so even when i get paid order and fit them and then get the fogs later

@adam - see when you got that Mk2 arosa front bumper was it new and did it come with the grills ???

;)+-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)
@adam - see when you got that Mk2 arosa front bumper was it new and did it come with the grills ???

Yep got it new £45 all in, but it didnt come with the appatures.

If anyones got a Mk2 upper going spare I'll have it for my little experiment.

oOOo i wondered if the lupo fogs were the same as the arosa as they are cheap on ebay, and the appatures arnt exactly pricey, a mod to do methinks!

What about the switch?

Lee.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cause we dont have a switch for front fogs , just rig up a simple light , switch and battery rig and then run the power lead throught the same hole in the bulkhead that you have used for the amp power lead and you should be rocking and rolling

@ adam , the only reason i ask is that my front bumper is slightly damaged so i am thinking of just changing the whole front bumper and then using the sport one with fogs as well

This was one of the first mods I done to mine. I just mounted a 4ra relay behind the battery, run the wires inside to the switch, one to the battery and the other to the fog lamps, but the switch must be illuminated when they are on or it is an MOT failure!! (something worth remembering). confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Piece of cake to fit. For wiring purposes I removed the front lower (only took about 5 minutes). Just a case of removing about 2 or 3 M25 torq screws under each of the front arches and the self tapper screw holding the lower tray type efforts. Then go under the front of the car and pull out about 5 or 6 black clips that run across the front lower bumper (just prize them out gently with a screwdriver). The bumper ends need gently pulling out from their clips and the bumper just comes away, easy peasy!!

Mark biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This was one of the first mods I done to mine.  I just mounted a 4ra relay behind the battery, run the wires inside to the switch, one to the battery and the other to the fog lamps, but the switch must be illuminated when they are on or it is an MOT failure!! (something worth remembering). confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Piece of cake to fit.  For wiring purposes I removed the front lower (only took about 5 minutes).  Just a case of removing about 2 or 3 M25 torq screws under each of the front arches and the self tapper screw holding the lower tray type efforts.  Then go under the front of the car and pull out about 5 or 6 black clips that run across the front lower bumper (just prize them out gently with a screwdriver).  The bumper ends need gently pulling out from their clips and the bumper just comes away, easy peasy!!

Mark  biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where as my lower bumpers are painted together as i have the lower halfs painted laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> so i will need to put it up on mini ramps to get them in

i was just about to ask this exact question as i thought they looked pretty smart on the sports and i miss my fogs from having them on my cinq but are the sport fogs any good honestly? becaus on my cinq i fitted 'Hella cruise lights' which were brilliant