MY FIRST LUPO - a little help?

superdeux

I bought a Lupo 1.4E as my first car, and its pretty wicked. But i reckon it needs sprucing up a bit. I found some GTI bumpers for sale (front and back) and they look pretty cool, I just wondered if they would fit or they need chopping down or something? I looked into getting a whole bodykit but i wanted something that was more subtle and less expensive. Any suggestions..?

They will fit but you will have to replace a lot of things.

The incators in your car are in seprate units.

On a GTi they are in the headlamp, and side lights take up the spot next to the grill.

You would also need to replace the front wings, for GTi ones.

To fit the rears you would need to either, replace the whole rear quarter panel, or find someone to flare the rear archs to match the bumper.

If that sounds like too much work for what your wanting to do to the car, will you pm the details of price and location of the sale please mate?

Oh.

And Welcome to the Club smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Tigz

Cheers

Any idea of how much that'd cost mate? Tight student budget etc..

Do you know of any pretty discreet GTI-ish bodykits available? I've seen some ABT ones and they look pretty wicked, but cost a bomb. Like £700 or something.

Parts were advertised in my local paper (Leicestershire) I'll get the number when i can for you.

You could bodge it, for about £500.

But to do the job propally your gonna be talking serious money for the rear.

If your creative, you can cut the rear bumper to shape to the rear panels, but its not easy.

The front you would need to fit GTi alu wings.

Thes a dude in Scotland thats on the forum every now and again who fitted the kit to his TDi.

It still doesn't make it look like a GTi as the side skirts on a GTi are not really skirts.

Its part of the sill and rear panel.

So very expencive to do.

And diffcult to do yourself, or even find someone cheap to do it.

If your on a budget, Id stick with a off the shelf kit.

This kit was fitted by a fellow lazy student.

ooops. Did I say that out loud? IMG_loudlupo2.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

IMG_loudlupo.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by Tigz

I've only just noticed the side exit exaust confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Good plan on ignoring the lights, badge ins a tad interesting as well.

lol I was taking the piss cos its my mate haha

The lights used to be mine.

The headlamps were done and he told me how to do mine.

He had the round side exit, I had an ovel.

I think he was the first in the Club to have that kit?

Defo the first non GTi on 17s.

"that badge"

Like I say, hes a tight student lol

I see, you were also tempted by the chrome side laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , can't understand it personally but is all down to personal taste in the end.

Need to do the same to my headlights at some point, can't seem to find a time when i don't need the car smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Can't have been that tight to get the 17's! lol

How much work did he need to get them to fit?

Lots.

There was very little arch less.

What was left had been flared.

It had been rolled, untill he wanted to go lower and lower and he started to chop away.

Up to the point of selling he didnt want to stop winding down them coils lol

Lots.

There was very little arch less.

What was left had been flared.

It had been rolled, untill he wanted to go lower and lower and he started to chop away.

Up to the point of selling he didnt want to stop winding down them coils lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bloody hell. lol

Worth it for the look tho i reckon.

Hopefully ther shouldn't be too much work if i decide to fit 16s.. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Any progress on tht number dude?

Edited by Topper