GTi front end

Topper

1. How easy are they to fit and

2. How much would u be able to pick one up for (if i can find one that is)

I know u'd need the front wings too but was just wondering what kind of a job it would be.

Cheers guys.

T

My next job I think.

The front wings are bolted on, so no worrys there.

the rest of the front end is all bolt/clip on as well.

If you can find a set of GTi lamps (after 2.5 years I still cant spell the proppa word without searching!) then it will be an easy job imo.

If not, need to find a way of fitting some indicators some way as the GTi has indicators in the headlamps.

Prices for the front end direct from VW are very cheap.

Just the painting to pay for really.

Edited by Tigz

Arnt the front wings on a GTi different where they join up next to the sill panel?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep your right they stick out more to give a side skirt type look.

Rough prices are

Bonnet £136 ,

Wings £60 each ,

bumper upper £70

bumper lower £30

Spotlights £35

Not sure if you would need bumper reinforcement panel, Front panel £77 there are lots of other little bits in there too thats needed which bump up the price.

Oh and a bare headlamp is £186 and you need Lamp and Transformer unit too.

All prices are approx and +VAT

Thanks a lot guys, didnt realise the stealers were that cheap confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> first time for everything i guess.

Bit confused by the whole lamp thing tho, do the normal loops headlights not fit in? Or is it going to be a pain in the ass? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The problem with the headlamp is...the GTi uses Xenon lamps whech have a seperate side light which on the GTi is where the indicator in the non-GTi models is, and its not just a matter of plugging in a Xenon light there is a Transformer to supply the right power to it too!

the bonnet doesnt need changing, but the fenders are a bit more, about £130 each, the steel ones are about £60

there are loads of little things, like the headlight sprayers, you dont need them but they are just an extra cost, you would need the bumper brace both of them top and bottom, grille , towing eye covers, sidelights

the fenders dont sit properly onto the side sills, you would either need aftermarket side sills or to replace the whole rear quarter panel, exspensive !

i will be doing this 'conversion' on my arosa as soon as i have some time, ill take some pics on the progress smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Blackrat

the bonnet doesnt need changing, but the fenders are a bit more, about £130 each, the steel ones are about £60

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know where you got your wings from but mine were £60 something plus vat and they were from dealer. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

you lucky then, cause they cocked up on the price for ya, but i know the ally ones are £120 plus Vat or summing close to that

when i first checked for prices for my loop all the stuff i needed was really cheap, so orderd it all only to send it all back because everything i got was pre Gti ie 1.0 or 1.4 , was so gutted, specially when i found out what a headlight cost :S

The problem with the headlamp is...the GTi uses Xenon lamps whech have a seperate side light which on the GTi is where the indicator in the non-GTi models is, and its not just a matter of plugging in a Xenon light there is a Transformer to supply the right power to it too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand that much, but would it be possible to use the standard lupo headlights with the GTi bumper? Or is there a different fitment?

Just out of interest how much would a rear arch panel cost? Probably a lot coz i know its huge.

the headlights have the same shape, so yea you could use normal lights

edit, i spose you wont need the sidelights then, you could just put a normal amber bulb into it and use them as indicators, instead of main beams

rear panels are £170 ish per side

Edited by Blackrat

the headlights have the same shape, so yea you could use normal lights

edit, i spose you wont need the sidelights then, you could just put a normal amber bulb into it and use them as indicators, instead of main beams

rear panels are £170 ish per side

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plus whatever the inner quarter panels are?

• 3 years later...

See theres a Reiger bumper kicking about thats like the GTis, if you smooth it its pretty damn nice, I was thinking of doing that to mine

EDIT

This is the one I'm talking about

GreenLupo.jpg

Could work pretty well imo

Edited by Lauryn