Would a Lupo GTI or Arosa Spoiler fit a 1.0 Lupo ?

Rookwise

As the title says. I've been told by my local VW dealer that it wont fit because the Lupo Gti boot is different to the non Gti's.

I thought it was only the arches and bumpers that were different on the Gti (bodywise).

Can anyone confirm this please ?

Edited by Rookwise

Which would mean putting in a blanking plug in the roof where the origional arial was or filing in the hole. Not something I want to do.

Does the spoiler go over the roof as well then ?? The bloke at VW said the boot door itself was different on the Gti which was why the spoiler wouldn't fit.

The bloke at VW said the boot door itself was different on the Gti which was why the spoiler wouldn't fit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nar thats not true.

All Lupos (except the 3L) share the same boot.

The only way to do it would be to weld in a blanking plate, and paint the roof! Quite a big job for a spoiler.

From the pic below it looks in the same place the ariel as a standard lupo...

400_6464303632386138.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Looks like I'll have to stick with the one from Seat then as its a bond on type and fits the standard Arosa/Lupo sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

To clarify, there's nothing about the GTI spoiler that means it won't fit.

But when the boot's open, the spoiler will collide with the aerial.

You might be able to get around that if you fit a short enough aerial...

i was gonna put a gti spoiler on my car, i had a genuine vw lupo gti spoiler, on the back they have 3 small lengths of threaded bar, these are so they can be bouted on to a gti boot lid with the holes, i was going to cut them off and just bond on the spoiler unless you fancy drilling your boot! in the end i never fitted it, but i couldent see any problems with fitting it! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What about the Seat Arosa bond on type spoiler. I've asked at SEAT about this and they said it may or may not fit a Lupo because the boot is different (same answer as VW gave me about the Lupo Gti spoiler).

Don't know what to do now. Has anyone fitted the Seat one to their Lupo without any problems/modifications ?

Seat have said that once they've sprayed the spoiler and it doesn't fit then I will have to buy it which would leave me stuck with something I can't use.

Could someone help me with this please AROSA_SSP414.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Rookwise

the rosa boot shape at the top is slightly different to the lupo cos of the rear window it would seem - having checked tigz's in his sig and looking at mine outside now :S

Thats what I thought. Seat have said that the spoiler has a different part number to the same bond on, non Gti spoiler from VW but the spoiler is the same type. Seat said that because their Arosa spoiler has a diferent part number it may not fit.

Gaahhh

This is really annoying me.

I need this confirming as to wether the Arosa spoiler will fit a Lupo. My Lupo is due to go into Seat to be done at the end of the week so I've not got long to cancel if it doesn't.

main reason for me going with Seat is that the spoiler is cheaper from Seat than from VW and Seat will also spray and fit it to my Lupo. VW won't and will only supply the spoiler.

The spoiler is £91.82 from Seat and £168.90 from VW.

Edited by Rookwise

The spoiler is £91.82 from Seat and £168.90 from VW.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Exactly. Which is why I want to go with Seat. But if it wont fit then I'm shafted.

99% sure that the rear spoiler would fit as the only difference in boots is that the arosa has wrap around glass and the badge boot handle

ps , Kates Lupo sport has a spoiler that looks the same as that one and on the bottom of it , it has a MS Designs part number on it , get the MS Designs part number and phone them or an importer of MS Designs kit and as them how much

MS Design one is £160+postage. Looks like the 2 piece though

Others I looked at are Caractere, Mattig and ABT. All are around the £150-£195 mark and look like the 2 piece version.

Tigz, it looks different, compare here:

sized1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" /> yours...

and then my rosa rear end...

rosa4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

mine seems more curved at the top and the loop's seems flatter - maybe its just deceptive picture I'm not sure :S

Edited by Tigz

MS Design one is £160+postage. Looks like the 2 piece though

Others I looked at are Caractere, Mattig and ABT. All are around the £150-£195 mark and look like the 2 piece version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think i know the one ur on about mate , as its the one i have lol! both the MS Designs ones are 1 piece but they made another one that looks the same as Max's old spoiler

I think I paid £50 for a VW one off eBay. It had been painted up in a different colour to mine, but that was no hassle. And fitting it's simple.