VW Driver Lupo GTi Feature

starbank

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes great article as it looks good for the lupo and lots of praise. Few things wrong though!!

One I can remember is that the Lupo hasnt stopped production, GTI will continue!

Congrats to Nicki and starbank smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Glad you liked the article...

Just to confirm, it is the July 2005 issue of Volkswagen Driver magazine, just gone on sale (also contains GTI International report)

(Has red Mk 5 Golf TDI 4Motion on cover)

You can order copies on line at www.autometrix.co.uk £3.50 + p&p

or mail@autometrix.co.uk or Tel: 01525 750 500

regards

Neil Birkitt

Editor, Volkswagen Driver

I think there maybe some confusion here - you do get the idea when you read the article that VW have indeed stopped production of the Lupo GTi.

I contacted my local dealer and he informed me that Lupo Gti's are now only available in bog standard specification - that sounds to me like they are clearing out the old stock!

However, as we all know the average VW dealer is not always up to speed with VW issues/information.

Neil, if you can help on this one it would be appreciated.

After hearing many a different opinion from not very clued up dealers as to whether the car is still being made or not, then I'd only take word from the highest of sources. VW Press Office UK could tell us pretty quickly, does someone with a clublupo.co.uk addy want to email them? I'd do it right now but I have yet to chip and money to the cause yet smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.

Edited by AndyW

Thankyou Ty.

Edited to say: If you like, you could ask for a breakdown of sales figures of the Lupo and GTi. A few years back MattyB got some info that was quite interesting, but as I said, that was now maybe 3 years back, sale figures of the GTi would be quite interesting to hear about. Upto you and how much you feel like bothering them I suppose.

Edited by AndyW

Ill tell them in writing an article for someone on it im sure they'll help out as best they can smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />