All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I was getting confused and my roofbox is the Thule Pacific 200 which is 410L https://www.thule.com/en/be/cargo-carrier/car-top-carrier/thule-pacific-m-_-631215 Probably won't be that different to the silver one above. That's got a maximum load of 50KG anyway. The roof box is 13 KG and the wing bars weigh almost nothing. I think I'd be OK with 37 KG in the box.
  3. Dunno TBH. Too busy at the mo. Maybe in about two/three weeks. I don't really like the idea of driving a 6h round day trip to S369QJ, then adding another 4h return journey to it. This may require a bit more planning...!
  4. mk2

Need to swap

There is no recommended engine... If you can get an engine to fit, then do it I guess there's easy- use an existing Lupo model supplied engine, or difficult- go for something radical like a VR6.
  5. Mini 256

Need to swap

Many different Polos are available here, but I need guidance on what type of engine I should go for ....
  6. Mini 256

Need to swap

With the electronic part....will work on it ....but what engine is compatible ....wanted to try a golf 4 engine or any that is recommended by u guys
  7. mk2

Need to swap

You can't just swap to a different engine type without changing the electronics...
  8. I thought it was 75kg. Ray I do like your cars, the roofbox does it for me.
  9. That’s right, that’s a 2 hour drive for us, I do need to drive to Preston to pick up a towbar which is also 2 hours away from me and 2 hours away from s369qj. When are you planning this journey?
  10. Rich

Need to swap

What polos are available there? What engines are? What's wrong with yours?
  11. You realise there is a 50kg roof load limit? Which includes bars and box\rack etc. i use a 370l roofbox on VW roofbars.
  12. Mini 256

Need to swap

It's an AUC engine thou I prefer another engine .... which am not sure to go for
  13. Yesterday
  14. Rich

Need to swap

Depends which engine you got. Does it have push rods or is it an auc or something?
  15. Mini 256

Need to swap

Just help me @mk2.....list me the compatible engines to seat AROSA 1.0mpi
  16. Mini 256

Need to swap

Uganda yea ....is it bad
  17. Yeah, and SDI springs... other stuff too when I remember. I need to go to S369QJ at some point soon. Anywhere near you?
  18. mk2

Need to swap

Uganda? For real?
  19. Got the parts from a breakers in Wales. Tailgate & bumper £50. Just have to collect it!
  20. Mini 256

Need to swap

Need to swap for another engine type from mine in the seat AROSA 1.0mpi..... Need help on the engine types I can consider ....thanks
  21. Behind the arch liners? They get full of crap. Frank, was it a cup holder? Can’t remember if there was anything else.
  22. Stalk is easy, hardest part is the airbag. 6n2 polo ones work as well.
  23. I've seen a whole half a floorpan going. Around the bungs and spreading, like a MK2. Probably ingress over the years. Sills though, especially under the wings...
  24. There's a how-to somewhere with some pics I took...
  25. Sills. Please please, not like a mk4... I'll have to pull the bungs out and have a look. Jet wash? Allow to dry / hairdryer then pump full of wax??? Whats the best method? sills under wings....? Wings off I suspect? Jet wash, scrape then coat with wax? Ok, so liners out for front arches (and back arches I guess-mine are already fixed). Easy-ish job. Roof- under strips I'm guessing? I already coat with waxoyl then press the strips back in once hardened- also locks the strips in nice and tight. Floorpan. Now that is scary... where abouts? All these jobs- Something to do over summer... I should start a new thread. Sorry for the hijack. Although it is a "HOLY thread resurrection!"
  26. I have seen that on other forums, I’ll give it a try, thanks man
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.