All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. VW Darren

Lupo GTI 1.8t ko4 quaife

Make: VW Model: LUPO GTI MOT: YES TAX: You can buy your own 👍 Engine size: 1.8 Fuel type: Petrol Description including modifications: Hi this is my Lupo 1.8t. It has been on the road now for a nearly a year after being garaged for 6 years with a broken timing belt. The plan was always to convert it to 20v power -this finally began in March last year and took 3 months to complete. Here’s a list of work that was done:- 1.8t and 5 speed box from a mk4 Golf gti Fitted with a Ko4 turbo with injectors 285bhp map N80, N275, secondary air and second lambda removed 3” downpipe New Front mount intercooler New radiator with slim electric fan Pipercross cone filter Recirc to air dump valve Ford Focus brake master cylinder Long diesel 5th gear -so 2800rpm at 70mph Quaife LSD with APR bolts Welded in Mk4 mounts Driveshafts made by engineering firm New disks and pads all round New wishbones inc bushes New anti roll bar bushes New Toyo Proxy’s Stance coilovers Bad bits/work to be completed:- Exhaust needs finishing currently 3” downpipe goes into original Gti exhaust. This needs a cat building into it. Fault logged for removed sensors need mapping out -this should have been done when originally mapped but wasn’t (?!) Lacquer peeling on roof. A few other age related marks but looks good with bright paintwork. Mileage currently reads 56k as replacement clocks were fitted after they failed shortly after last mot. Mileage was 151k new clocks were 51k! I have the old clocks to prove. I was going to have it corrected but tbh prefer looking at the smaller number The car is red. It has xenon lights with washers. Never had a/c so no extra switches that don’t work. Interior is very good. Seats aren’t torn or sagging. I use this daily and on a shitty 10 mile commute does 32mpg -thats a lot of stop starting. I drove to London and back in a single day and it returned 54mpg! Doesn’t overheat even in all that hot weather last year. Location: Manchester Images: Price: £4100 firm I can post more pics. Can anyone recommend a hosting site/app?
  3. Today
  4. Adrian777

Adrian's GTI clean up!

Thank you all for support!😀 Very productive day on the GTI, can finally say that the rear washer fluid is now finally working after nearly a week of being clueless! Turns out one of the previous owners had cut the washer fluid hose and knotted it for some reason... Very annoying that it was such a simple thing which I never bothered to check but oh well, lesson learnt😃 The section of pipe going through the firewall looked like a pain to pull out so a trip to Halfords to buy some additional washer fluid hose, and then I joined the missing sections of hose together. Job done! Nearly... The 90 degree pipe which is connected to the wiper motor was firing water all over the boot so that was ripped out and that was replaced with some normal washer hose. Water comes out now but the valve needs adjusting as it just sprays water at pedestrians but that's for another day😂 Next job, repairing the engine cover. Just used a hot glue gun for the time being as a temporary fix until I see a one for sale at a reasonable price. Although the repaired one does fit very nicely. I know I said I wanted to keep it looking factory but I had to😓 Painted the handles black and removed all the rubbery parts off the door trim. Not a bad job but if the paint doesn't hold up however, I will end up wrapping them black instead. Finally, gutted the interior as much as possible and gave it a good clean! So far found 2 raisins, 6p and a smoked cigarette😂 To say one of the owners used to smoke in this car, I wouldn't have been able to tell aside from a cig burn in the rear seat and a dirty headliner like it doesn't smell of it at all. Have side indicators and Quantum 5w40 on order! So giving it a service will be happening soon😀
  5. LR5V

Cumbria Vag 2019

I’m tempted, meant to be a good weekend.
  6. Sausage

My new Lupo is broken 😔

i bought a spare ecu to mess with and the loom plugs as well. Car had been standing ages in the weather with no bonnet and the wiring at ecu plugs was all stiff and corroded when i was making my bench harness. ECU was fine. The plugs have seals on and unless it has been under water or else previously opened I doubt there will be a problem with it due to water.
  7. loopydebs

My new Lupo is broken 😔

Thank you @Skezza I hope so! 🤞🏻
  8. rrdoctoruk

Lupo speakers

will let you know after tomorrow as doing the same
  9. Silver!

Adrian's GTI clean up!

Hmmm, silver 😍
  10. MUSH

Cumbria Vag 2019

Anyone going to Cumbria Vag 2019 this June? Is there Clublupo stand?
  11. IBERIAmark

LUPO SDI good condition £900 £30tax 149k light blue

LUPO is gone was dead then 4 people were after it!.
  12. The only real effort is the wiring. Putting it back together is only a few hours works which I can do. When I took it apart I bagged and tagged all the bolts so even if you're not the one that took it apart it's easy to put back together.
  13. RW89

Lupo SDi wanted

Please give this a bump for any running SDi's available. No distance to far for the right car. 👍 No timewasters please, I've just wasted a train fare for 150 miles on an agreement that evaporated before collection tommorow.
  14. Skezza

My new Lupo is broken 😔

The ECU's are pretty tough Trust me.
  15. loopydebs

My new Lupo is broken 😔

@mk2 source of leak is rain through from the dashboard where it is on the car. The car is completely rust free otherwise so am hoping it’s superficial and not massively rotten inside. sending the ecu off for inspection, should hear back next week. @Skezza yes you’re quite right, I am definitely panicking! Car wasn’t cheap, damage to the ecu is a concern. I can’t afford to break down on my way to work, I can’t deal with the stress and I can’t fix it myself, it’s all money 😔
  16. 3L is a very interesting car from a technical point of view. More capable than the SDi on the road thanks to the turbo and lower weight. But if you just want a car that will work forever, SDi's are the way to go
  17. Blue Loop

Adrian's GTI clean up!

I have a feeling I will enjoy this restoration thread, keep the updates coming
  18. KiwiYork

Warning - Lupo Battery drain with the car unlocked

Did just that - borrowed multimeter and found a good vid on You Tube - and as Skezza mentioned it looked to me like the radio and DAB aerial (both put in by previous owner .....). Decided to pay someone to do a good check over - I was a bit concerned in case I'd missed something - and he confirmed and fixed it. All good. Cheers for your help and advice. On to bodywork which I'm much more comfortable with.
  19. imaparana

Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

Good plan, do you get any rubbing with the 195/50/15's ?
  20. Skezza

My new Lupo is broken 😔

Just drive it. You're panicking.
  21. CLAYTONJONES

They really are! I’m taking my OZ’s with AD08R’s on them with me so will swap them over when i’m there👍🏼
  22. imaparana

Agreed on the Toyo's, any awful tyre, maybe try and swap out while your out there
  23. mk2

My new Lupo is broken 😔

All cars go wrong. It's just a machine. The more faults that are fixed, the more reliable and better the car will be. ECUs rarely go wrong and wiring faults are the biggest problems on all modern cars, so once fixed, you should be fine. Usually it's pretty obvious where the cause of the fault originated when you pull a car to bits to fix it. Worth asking for their opinion what the cause may have been. Source of the leak and corroded wire? Sometimes it's a rare manufacturing fault that has been festering for years and decides to fail just at the wrong time, but more often it's "expert" mechanics that do the most damage. You go in to fix the car and immediately it becomes very obvious that some grease monkey has been in there before and completely messed everything up. And now it needs fixing... properly. When my clients bring their cars in and I find a grease monkey problem, I always take pics to show them what caused it. And then again once fixed properly. You'll be fine. Just enjoy the car...
  24. mk2

Adrian's GTI clean up!

Yeah it's the grey foam... There's a pic of my fix in here: https://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/99888-had-a-small-leak-and-found-this/ but when you do replace it, don't keep the new 'seal' as drum tight as I did. It does need to go into the door recesses as the door panels push into it.
  25. Mr Taco 88

Central locking

Tried the resync and no joy...
  26. oprn

Greetings from the Canada!

Here you go! 😉
  27. Yesterday
  28. Adrian777

Adrian's GTI clean up!

Good shout! Will have another look😀 Is it the grey bits we're looking at or is there more under the speaker panel? Front and rear sound deadening is going to be replaced for the time being with Dynamat or some eBay stuff!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.