All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. I have a brand new clutch kit for sale. Got it on sale and never actually replaced it and I've seen sold the car. It's LUK make. Also for free the front small bumper grill that houses the fog lights. Unpainted grey.
  3. Last week
  4. @mk2sorry for the late response, had a busy week😅heres some more photos. The wheels are in need of a bad clean but I'm thinking of getting some new ones so I might not bother. Got some new tyres though because the ones that came on it were very rough. Needs a good clean on the inside too, but I don't mind, I'm treating as a project.
  5. Happy it’s someone on this forum that’s got it.Plenty of life left in this car at that mileage,will be watching with a little bit of envy.
  6. I’ll have a look, they’re still sitting level i think but the biting point seems to be very high. previous owner said there was no issues with the clutch or gearbox when he owned it, it was sat for probably anywhere up to 4 months before i bought it. thank you, its getting there, lots of progress being made and quite a bit to do but it gets a lot of attention from the little lupo group i’m in so i’m very happy with it.
  7. I have a crispy outside unit anthracite. They're not rare.
  8. Yes 1. 54 is a bit of a tricky one is most cases as it borders onto 05 year cars. But as we know there was only 2 05 antharcites. From the info i have its around 16 2004 cars. 2. I have a number of 33 from 2009 and the list i have compares very close to that. 3. I do not have a exact answer on this but due to the rarity i think the majority of the anthracite one are still around.
  9. Week just gone I bought a cheap £20 from eBay that claims to be 6 layer. It isn’t, but has kept the car dry yesterday when it rained quite heavily in the afternoon. Item number 404855125625 smallest size, fit is pretty good.
  10. Nothing major to report on my Lupo Sport over the last few weekends Acquired one of the last genuine old stock Lupo Coolant bottles from VW Parts International since my one was starting to show signs of its age and had turned "yellowy" over time. After I got it swapped over, typically my coolant cap started to show its age against the new bottle, guess that will be replaced as well now... What a difference it made to the engine bay. Proof that the little things are what really matter 🙌🏻 Instagram : Hector.Bishop.Penn
  11. Thank you so much for your prompt message. Much appreciated. Cheers
  12. 15 years on and this is still a very useful post - have just recoded a Skoda branded fob of the era to work with my Lupo!
  13. Nice one. Keep us posted with your progress.
  14. Looks complete though, which is handy. There are a lot of us on here that are very envious. A Raven Blue GTi. No words.
  15. If the clutch pedal is resting lower than the brake pedal, most likely the pedal box, not the cable... See the pedal box thread. Looking nice and shiney! Inside looks near mint. Good job cleaning it.
  16. Same as mk4 Golf right side, rear door, top hinge. I had to do one of mine last year. Exact same problem. Easy to remove in a breakers yeard with spline tool/triple square. Very tight though.
  17. Just to reconfirm, the part that I need is: LUPO SPORT 2002 (TA52---). Part Number: 6E0831402C. (Driver's Door / Bottom Hinge).
  18. Please can anybody help me to obtain this part. Apparently VW do not supply it any longer. Somebody sold me a part that was not suitable... apparently it was for an Audi. Look to you folks for help. thanks!
  19. I fully intend on keeping it - owning a raven blue is a dream 20 odd years in the making and was part of the reason I sold my black one in 2022. The aim is to restore to standard (although I do like the steering wheel and gearknob Jamie has installed) which will be a long process, it also needs a full respray in addition to the rust sorting. It didn't skip a beat on the ~300 mile journey home so I'm reasonably confident it doesn't need anything major mechanically, in fact the gearbox is a hell of a lot smoother than the one on my 68 plate Up! GTI!
  20. Update- took the door card off again to have a look at how to actually take off the lock mechanism. Decided to clean up the connectors from the window switch with some electrical contact cleaner and that seams to have fixed the problem!? Not sure why that connection would effect the lock but it's been working okay for a day now. Locks and unlocks perfectly but I've kept the door card off just incase it stops working again...
  21. Aht isn't an engine here. Frank loves one though. I'd suggest the crank or engine speed sensor if it has one.
  22. I attached photos (i think) my instagram is sallythelupo if you want to see progress photos, bought it for £400 about 4 days ago, runs and drives just a few minor issues, 4 flat tires, needs the clutch cable tightened, and a few other bits and bobs but other than that it’s virtually original other than the coilovers it’s on, still have the vw matts too
  23. Earlier
  24. Cheers, I'll order one of those then. Will keep you updated and post pictures! With any luck that'll fix it
  25. Yeah, any equivalent replacement should be fine. Ebay sellers. Lots available, as very common problem. Buy new of course. Ideally a branded unit, like Valeo or Meyle etc. Take care removing the key lock bit from the door so the retaining ring doesn't drop out. Seal inside well once done so the rain doesn't get in afterwards. 👍🏻 Lots of pics for all of us to inspect please!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.