Lowering on 13's

essbeepee

I get why lowering your car looks good (I'm custom rear spring low btw), but why would you want your car to be scrapping? Where is the sense in that? :confused::doh:

Anyway without questioning your sanity any further, the wheels won't fit. Lupo is 4x100 and those wheels do not come in that fitment. Also if you want your car scraping, run coilovers.

Edited by T3LLIOTT

I get why lowering your car looks good (I'm custom rear spring low btw), but why would you want your car to be scrapping? Where is the sense in that? :confused::doh:

Anyway without questioning your sanity any further, the wheels won't fit. Lupo is 4x100 and those wheels do not come in that fitment. Also if you want your car scraping, run coilovers.

style over anything else ;) ahhh okay thank you i really need to learn more about wheel sizes and sheit..

style over anything else ;) ahhh okay thank you i really need to learn more about wheel sizes and sheit..

Yes it may look great but trust me there's no style if your car keeps breaking or you have to fork out because it destroys the underside being too low! ;) I only say this because you sound a bit inexperienced and might want to take things a little slower to start! Plus you'll be practically be un-insurable depending on your age running that low, unless you were planning on not declaring.

Also the thing with 13's is you have to run really low and run pretty large tyres to even reduce the arch gap. I'd say start with 14's/15's, get some coilovers and you can easily adjust to suit. :)

With wheels, this might help... http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/14493-information-a-rough-guide-to-wheels/?hl=wheel

Yes it may look great but trust me there's no style if your car keeps breaking or you have to fork out because it destroys the underside being too low! ;) I only say this because you sound a bit inexperienced and might want to take things a little slower to start! Plus you'll be practically be un-insurable depending on your age running that low, unless you were planning on not declaring.

Also the thing with 13's is you have to run really low and run pretty large tyres to even reduce the arch gap. I'd say start with 14's/15's, get some coilovers and you can easily adjust to suit. :)

With wheels, this might help... http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/14493-information-a-rough-guide-to-wheels/?hl=wheel

okay i shall take your advice and go for 14's, im 17 in april and dads paying for insurance so it doesnt really matter aha but i shall look for some nice 14's instead

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-ATS-CUPS-alloy-wheels-4x100-BMW-e30-VW-Golf-GTI-polo-6N-caddy-lupo-arosa-MX5-/221606498696?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item3398c6d188 found these 15's, opinion?

okay i shall take your advice and go for 14's, im 17 in april and dads paying for insurance so it doesnt really matter aha but i shall look for some nice 14's instead

I think you're dad will mind when he gets the insurance bill if you start declaring all the mods your planning! :lol:

Yeah those wheels are nice. Always liked the cups! There's quite a few people with lupos running those wheels - Type it in the search bar and have a look! :)

Don't listen to granddad over there. Slam the crap out of it. Get it sparking it so low. It will look so cool and it will look really cool with 13" wheels.

Not sure if serious or.... :roflmao:

Edited by T3LLIOTT
  • Like 1

Actually, they will fit as they come in 4x101 which with wobble bolts will fit a breeze!

Having had a few Lupo's with varying wheels, 13's, 14's and 15's, I wouldn't look at fitting anything other than a 15. Actually, if i were to have another i'd just drop it on a set of decent coils with some G60's/Bullet steels.

Actually, they will fit as they come in 4x101 which with wobble bolts will fit a breeze!

Having had a few Lupo's with varying wheels, 13's, 14's and 15's, I wouldn't look at fitting anything other than a 15. Actually, if i were to have another i'd just drop it on a set of decent coils with some G60's/Bullet steels.

Yeah technically they would fit, but there not a straight fit per say! ;)

Agreed mate. Got a set of G60's for the Winter and they look good.

• 4 weeks later...