lupo 1.4

moley

My 1999 1.4 spot will run for a second or 2 then cuts out I have bin told its the immobiliser and the best way to solve this is to get the ignition key/immobiliser box and ECU all from the same car and with the same Item no will this work and must it have the same item numbers as i can find lots of all 3 items all from the same car but no the same item number please help

My 1999 1.4 spot will run for a second or 2 then cuts out I have bin told its the immobiliser and the best way to solve this is to get the ignition key/immobiliser box and ECU all from the same car and with the same Item no will this work and must it have the same item numbers as i can find lots of all 3 items all from the same car but no the same item number please help

The secret code inside the key has to match the internal code in the dash unit and the ECU memory. The numbers are not visible by part number- you need the right key. No other easy solution. Trip to dealer.... or buy a key based on the VIN.

Hi thanks for the info thats what im trying to get all from same car dash key immobiliser and ecu.

If not do you no what the dealer will do?

Thanks

They plug in to their computer and check everything tallys. Then they can pair a new key(s). It costs about £130 each key. I'm trying to find a way round it on my new SDI as well. I'd like 2 spare keys. I believe that if you have your car's PIN code you can pair up yourself using a tool/cable you can buy on fleabay, but so far I've never had to.