Sooo, had my car a couple months...and i've just pranged it!

steeleeyedarosa

So I have had my trusty Arosa 1.4 S TDI a short while and I just managed to crash it. Going a bit too fast round a corner for the conditions, obviously I am at fault, and hit a curb at 25mph. My friend had a look at it and thinks it is just the wishbone and track rod that have gone and he suggested I might get a new hub. I haven't got any pictures yet to confirm it, but how much do you think the parts would cost and would it be semi easy for me to fix? Do you think the steering rack has been compromised?

I know I should not have driven stupidly, but what is done is done.

I think the Arosa/Lupo is a fantastic little car and I do love my car dearly, so would appreciate helping Steele Eye (My name for the Arosa) back onto the road.

Thanks

Steeleeyedarosa

Bad luck mate. **** happens though. We've all done it. Get some photos up plenty on here who'll help.

You might want to hit down to a scrapyard, I reckon you could pick up the parts for fairly cheap. Wishbones are the same on all of them as are track rod ends (correct me if I'm wrong?). Wouldn't be too difficult mate. Just could do with a nicer day. Wouldn't like to do it in the rain much.

Doubt your rack is ****ed. The track rods will take most of the impact I'd have thought.

So long as the car isn't bent don't worry about it. Wishbones are cheap from Eurocarparts.

If it is your rack then you could get a second hand one. Without getting it properly looked at your just stabbing in the dark. It won't be to bad and hove admitted your mistake. I hope you get it fixed easily and keep us updated.

So long as the car isn't bent don't worry about it. Wishbones are cheap from Eurocarparts.

If it is your rack then you could get a second hand one. Without getting it properly looked at your just stabbing in the dark. It won't be to bad and hove admitted your mistake. I hope you get it fixed easily and keep us updated.

Surely the track rods are gonna go before the rack though?

Surely the track rods are gonna go before the rack though?

Sorry i meant if it is your rack. Yes they would usually give in but there is a small chance you can smack something. You have more chance of bending sub frames and stuff that being the steering rack though but no idea without looking at it.

My friend is pretty certain that the wishbone, track rod and anti roll bar needs to be replaced. We are not sure about the hub, but it seems to be freely moving. We were wondering if the anti roll bar from an 1.4MPI Arosa would fit the TDI AMF car? Are they slightly different or will the same part fit both?

We will take photos when it is light as I have been working all day so unable to do so.