When did Lupo parts get so ridiculously expensive?

Skezza

Yesterday, I decided to 'try' and fix my knackered electric window switches for my drivers door. Both have been playing up for a while with my drivers one eventually dying. After trying and failing to fix them. I figured I'd call up and buy some. In the How To thread, they were £12, in a thread from 2009, they were £14, In 2014, they're nearly £25. That's a £10 increase in just a few years.

Are VW upping part prices because Lupo's are older cars? Why are the prices becoming so ridiculously expensive?

CarParts4Less are doing them at £19. Saveme75 somewhat gets a bit knocked off. Don't know what the quality is like, but we'll find out. Ordered two :D

I've taken a risk and ordered some Chinese m clones from a Chinese reseller. In the interests of science, I'll fit one and take one apart.

Yea i think as people have said supply and demand really as they probably dont buy in as much as they use to so the cost price for them has probably gone up so they have to charge more to make a profit. Sucks for us.

Just got from the "stealership". Bought a new handle for the rear lid, sells for 1300sek or 110gbp. :blink: New engine mounts (rubber only) goes for 1000sek or 85gbp / piece.

It's an expensive lite toy.. :eek: