lupo gti intermitent starting problem

stylesy24

Lupo gti had it 3 days and went to go to work in the morning and was sluggish on the key and wouldnt start...then the hazzards wer going off so i disconnected the battery and took my van to work, came home later that day with a jump pack and with that it started up.....checked the battery and thers no drain on it and the battery tester is sayong the battery is good....some days it starts perfect then other days it wont but allways goes with a jump....any clues

could possibly be an immobilisor fault, quite common in VW - if you can do a VAGCOM scan and see if you get any error codes.

Had a similar fault with the wifes golf and the battery in the key fob was low.

Plugged it in and got this:

18010 power supply terminal 30 voltage too low p1602 intermittent

17978 engine start blocked by immobilizer p1570 intermittent

Sounds like u were correct with the immobilizer fault.....next question, wots next lol?

Also just replaced the battery in the key fob as i had a new one lying around, and held the 2 battery cables together for 15 seconds as i read somewer else that it may cure it.....also checked for codes in the imobilizer it self and ther was no codes ther