Sticky turbo?

Richie7Rich

Right sometimes my Rossa starts up a little less egar than normal and it's very flat specially when it's gets into 3rd and up other times it starts up fine and has power! does this sound like the turbo sticking? As I'm thinking of going down the mr muscle route to see if it helps

Just explain this turbo sticking mr muscle scenario for me

You never heard of the mr muscle mod? Well you open the manifold I think from the egr port. Slide in a long tube connected to Mr muscle oven cleaner. You spray it leave it and that will decarbonise it. Freeing sticky vanes on the turbo.

Problem is the AMF didnt come with a VNT turbo so that wont work. You would know if your turbine was touching stuff or seized.

Do you have vagcom or a scangauge. Data log to see when the car is doing it. My car is fast when it's cold out and back to being slow when it's warm due to inlet temps.

You never heard of the mr muscle mod? Well you open the manifold I think from the egr port. Slide in a long tube connected to Mr muscle oven cleaner. You spray it leave it and that will decarbonise it. Freeing sticky vanes on the turbo.

Problem is the AMF didnt come with a VNT turbo so that wont work. You would know if your turbine was touching stuff or seized.

Do you have vagcom or a scangauge. Data log to see when the car is doing it. My car is fast when it's cold out and back to being slow when it's warm due to inlet temps.

I've seen Mr Muscle clean one of the dirtiest IM's in about 20 minutes with almost no agitation or scrubbing. That stuff is like acid or something. Carbon literally washed out with a regular hose after and left it practically spotless.

Right had my torque app on and showing its running at 74 degrees something wrong there! Water pump failed the other month so now I'm looking at changing the stat and cts but I did notice when it's not running right it boosts max at 7 psi but when she runs more normal it boosts max till 18 holds in the area of 15 psi the stat and cts really make that big a difference? Or is there more to this?