Newbie from Kingston

Ian Daly

Hi all

As you can see I'm Ian, based in Kingston upon Thames. Have recently been given a 2000 Sdi by my sister in law. She was going to scrap it as the airbag warning light wouldn't go off, she needed to get rid but wouldn't sell it on because of the fault!!!

Its a bright yellow jobbie with 98k on the clock, own by her from new. I believe it's what you seem to term a 'poverty model'?

So hello and looking forwar to some brain picking in the future :wave:

Ian

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Be sure to pop into Driftbridge VW if you need any parts/advice!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome :) I'm in Kingston all the time so hopefully I'll see you driving around!

I'm pretty sure I saw you on the A217 the other day near Kingswood (where the speed camera is!), I was heading the other but in my Up!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I saw you on the A217 the other day near Kingswood (where the speed camera is!), I was heading the other but in my Up!

Yep that would've been me! :D Live in Sutton but drive to Redhill everyday for work :)

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the positivity, sorry hadn’t seen the replies until now.

My commute from Kingston to Harrow seems to throw up quite a few Lupos, I do like the camaraderie, ie the waving, haven’t noticed that in cars since my MG days, a good few years ago.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Be sure to pop into Driftbridge VW if you need any parts/advice!

I'll be sure to look that up :)

Welcome :) I'm in Kingston all the time so hopefully I'll see you driving around!

Unlikely, I spend very little time in Kingston, but I will look out for you ;), is that your Lupo in your avatar?

Ian

Edited by Ian Daly

Haha! I live in Redhill and drive to Epsom everyday for work!

...I'm moving to Epsom in 2 weeks!! Hahaha too weird :)

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the positivity, sorry hadn’t seen the replies until now.

My commute from Kingston to Harrow seems to throw up quite a few Lupos, I do like the camaraderie, ie the waving, haven’t noticed that in cars since my MG days, a good few years ago.

I'll be sure to look that up :)

Unlikely, I spend very little time in Kingston, but I will look out for you ;), is that your Lupo in your avatar?

Ian

Yeah that's me, sky blue with white wall tyres and a few stickers :) Soon to be lowered.