Upgrading the brakes on a GTI

How does it? The surface area of the pad isn't changed, so the area of friction hasn't changed. The extra disc your adding isn't being covered by the pad.

All your doing is adding extra weight.

But you have more surface area of disk per rotaion of the wheel for the pad to clam onto.

On your basis everyone might aswell have 200mm disks and just really big brake pads.

• 7 months later...

yer, ferodo pads and brembo discs with a braided hose, all round they now stop like stink and your face comes off and goes through the screen if you stomp on them, and there is absolutely no brake fade (that I've managed to feel so far)

A caliper carrier from a g60 or the likes. Bigger disc done. Don't bother with the rear it will not help upgrading it the rear does very little.

this may be so but they'd then look silly in comparison

thats what i want but i can't see the point in spending the money up front and not the back i like to do stuff properly

So....

Whoooh name calling. You said you like doing it properly and it would look stupid.

It's not done properly and will look stupid.

trust me its done properly, there aren't any pads better than D2500

trust me its done properly, there aren't any pads better than D2500

That's not what you said earlier you said you wanted bigger discs. You went back on your word and I'm dissapointed.

Define better? Corbone Lorraine rc6-8? Mintex 1166. Ds3000's.

That's not what you said earlier you said you wanted bigger discs. You went back on your word and I'm dissapointed.

Define better? Corbone Lorraine rc6-8? Mintex 1166. Ds3000's.

DS3000 aren't made for a lupo, DS2500 are, the 3000 also squeal like mad during road use.

Mine are standard size with Brembo discs, Tarox Strada pads, Dot 5.1 fluid and partial braided flexis (chassis to beam) and new OEM (beam to caliber) and new callipers. Braking is pretty spot on.

If you put larger discs on the rear I imagine there would be a chance the braking balance would be upset; especially under extreme braking giving you a tail happy experience.

• 4 weeks later...