Hi from York.

Alice-In-Sunderland

Hi, I'm Ollie, I passed my test on 1st of April and didn't get a car as I was put off by Insurance quotes being 2K + for shitty cars. After looking at quotes again and almost being 19, they seem to have dropped significantly with a black box scheme to just £958 fully comp with a voluntary excess of £400. I've mainly been looking at the Lupo/Yaris but I think I prefer the style of the lupo, hence me arriving here.

I've owned a classic mini since I was 14 but it's been sat on the drive deteriorating for 4+ years so It's going to be an on-going project whilst I'm driving the Lupo (hopefully). I've been on the road for 2 years on a 125 motorcycle so have the road knowledge.

I also discovered the Seat Arosa whilst browsing the forum, never new they existed.

I'm hoping to buy either buy the Arosa or the Lupo soon so I'll have it ready for when I'm 19. Are there many differences in build quality between the two?

Also my dad's mentioned that the main problem with cars are the cam belts, at what milage do these normally go? I've seen a lupo thats got 60k miles that I like but I'm worried the cam belt might go. I've also seen a Lupo that's recently had It's cam belt changed with 80k miles, would this be the better one to go for?

Thanks, Ollie.

Cam belts are a serviceable item - they need changing every 4 years/ 40000 miles.

It's not a 'problem with cars', they only 'go' due to failure to maintain them.

Yep, I'll try go for one that's had it recently replaced then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like.

Regards,

Dan.

Already tried your company and unfortunately they couldn't beat my quote with Tesco Bank Box for £850 but If you could offer me insurance for roughly 1k without black box I'd reconsider :innocent:

By sheer coincidence I happen to be selling a Lupo who's cambelt was replaced about 5k ago... 1.4 Sport though so may be out of your insurance budget

Strictly 1L m'fraid :(