whats this lupo worth?

cobrarally

Hi i am looking at a lupo to buy could someone look at this car on ebay and see what it is worth item number

Looks clean but how muxh would you pay he said he wants £2000 for it £1700 if its gone quick is it worth it? Thanks

Hi i am looking at a lupo to buy could someone look at this car on ebay and see what it is worth item number

Looks clean but how muxh would you pay he said he wants £2000 for it £1700 if its gone quick is it worth it? Thanks

I wouldn't pay more than £1200 for that. Hell, I think even that would be pushing it for me... he's taking the piss if he thinks he'll get £2000.

£2000 is too much... the bonnet doesn't even line up correctly. Look at the shut lines! You'd need to see documentation of the engine change but if he was clever he would have bought the matching clocks... needs a third of the miles for that price imho. Not to mention the paint fade.

£2000 is too much... the bonnet doesn't even line up correctly. Look at the shut lines! You'd need to see documentation of the engine change but if he was clever he would have bought the matching clocks... needs a third of the miles for that price imho. Not to mention the paint fade.

To be fair matt, it's possible he's popped the bonnet and hasn't closed it properly, but like you said, there are other issues. The paint fade looks a right mess and it usually isn't hard to obtain the matching clocks to an engine that's for sale. In fact, if he bought the engine, I imagine the seller still had the clocks and would have probably chucked them in for an extra £20 perhaps? Seems lazy to not change them in this instance.

It's also a Lupo E, so it's technically a pov spec. It's probably the first pov spec 1.4 I've ever seen, but it's still a pov spec and therefore has to be considered less desirable than an S model (no electric windows, no central locking).

There's other things I didn't mention initially, firstly, he's spent all this time cleaning the underside of the car, evidently cleaning the underseal quite carefully, yet the seats are absolutely disgusting. While I appreciate that is something the buyer can do with a bucket of fairy liquid and warm water, who in their right mind would sell a car without at least giving the seats a quick clean. There's a dent as mentioned in the passenger side rear quarter, which would be incredibly difficult to remove as the panel is technically non-removable.

He's also listed tonnes of completed jobs without giving specifics of and filtering out the less important. Pads, discs, oil etc come under servicable items and could be simply listed as "Full service including oil, air filter, pads etc". He's listed them as individual jobs while also listing "Recon Gearbox" as if the two are somehow comparable. If I was buying a car, I would absolutely want to know more info about the reconditioned gearbox as we all know Lupo's are susceptible to failures. The fact he's listed it flippantly screams he hasn't actually changed it at all, he's just listing a **** load of work to convince you he has. After all, there's very little you can do to tell with something like that. I suppose you could remove the gearbox fill plug and dip your finger in, test the quality of the oil?

Finally, as someone has said above, he's thrown in the immediate tell-tale sign of a bullshitter "selling for a friend". Keep well away. It's a great way to avoid answering any difficult questions.

Having looked again, I wouldn't offer more than £800. I might even offer less on actual viewing...

Edited by Skezza