Lupo Gti NEED HELP!

Ropers101

I'm in need of some advice regarding my Lupo gti! Basically I bought a lupo gti a couple months back with basically every single common fault and was planning on spending some money on it and getting it back to way it should be,the car has been fine to drive and I've been using it as a daily commuter. My Lupo is now out of action because when I was driving it the other day it decided to start bogging out and the revs were dying until it finally cut out. Once pulled over the car started up fine so I decided it was just something random until about 20 mins later it did it again but this time all of my warning lights were flashing on the dash and the car was beeping at me from the dashboard,this lead onto it not starting all together as there just wasn't enough power to turn it over.After bump starting it the car worked for a little bit and then did the same thing again and I knew it was something to do with the battery so I tested it and decided to get a new one because the old one was due to be replaced anyway.

The car lasted two days little did I know it was only because the battery was new and it had loads of charge in it until the car broke down on me again and I knew that the battery wasn't being recharged so we decided to test the alternator and eveything was pointing towards this. In the end I decided to take it to a garage and they diagnosed the problem and ordered me a new alternator and everything was fine for one more day until it did the same thing.

I'm completely lost and have read so many different things already and any help would be appreciated,thanks in advance!

Sounds like the alternator hasn't got a good earth which could prevent the battery from charging! Could be wrong but have a check that all the earth are connected and tight on a fresh spot or try cleaning old earth points.

Sounds like the alternator hasn't got a good earth which could prevent the battery from charging! Could be wrong but have a check that all the earth are connected and tight on a fresh spot or try cleaning old earth points.

Exactly.

Hi guys thanks for the replies! Turns out that the brand new alternator which was installed was actually faulty and now that another is on and the earth's have been cleaned it's back running again! Now I've just got to tackle every other problem!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have ALOT of common gti faults such as drives electric window not working, passenger door strap, central locking not working from the keys, alarm goes off if I don't get the key in the ignition fast enough. I bought the car cheap with intentions to fix her up. She needs new brakes, cambelt water pump and a good service. New tyres and possibly some new engine mounts! So yeah I need some cash

I have ALOT of common gti faults such as drives electric window not working, passenger door strap, central locking not working from the keys, alarm goes off if I don't get the key in the ignition fast enough. I bought the car cheap with intentions to fix her up. She needs new brakes, cambelt water pump and a good service. New tyres and possibly some new engine mounts! So yeah I need some cash

You basically have all the things that were wrong with mine when I first bough him lol! Worth it though!

Yeah defiantly worth it! I'm gonna start with the service, cambelt and water pump because that's what concerns me the most! After that I will do the brakes along with either some bbs ra wheels or refurbished the bathursts wrapped in toyo proxies unless I find some good wheels with tyres on ebay.while i'm there i'm gonna spray my calipers back to red as they have gone pink haha!

Sounds like a good start. I did a service changed belt water pump and front discs and pads then ive been doing other bits like new window regulator for drivers side window new abs pump new alloys and tyres and other little bits. Ive got my MOT end of this month so should be interesting!

You got any pics of your GTi?

Ah right well good luck with the MOT! I'm located in Jersey Channel Islands so we don't have an MOT haha :D Yeah sure I will upload some now if I can remember how to do it!

Cheers i think ill need it :)

Tidy looking GTi you got a nice base to work from and cant believe you dont have to have MOTs!