Lupo 3L from The Netherlands

Nietsnut

Hi All,

as it is polite to introduce oneself on a forum here is my intro: I'm Melvin, from Zwolle in The Netherlands and I drive a 07-1999 3L with the 1.2TDi 3-cylinder engine. The car has been in my possession since june 2010 and had 137.000 km on the odometer when I bought it. It has not been tampered with, the mileage is confirmed by an official VW Werkstatt. Today it reads 275.879 km.

When I got it it was bogstock and has been changed gradually through time to what is is today, but because I have a new upgrade coming I am looking for the blue GTi (?) owner with the red Scirocco seats as I need some info on how to fit the Scirocco seats. I can figure it all out by myself but when someone has been through the trouble being a pioneer I might avoid some mistakes.

Now some more about my car, it has:

• a BC Racing suspensionkit
  • OEM FSi summerwheels
  • OEM 3L 4J winterwheels
  • GTi xenon headlights, led city/brake/reverse lights
  • a smartphone controlled Webasto heater
  • the EGR removed
  • a stainless steel freeflow exhaust
  • a remapped engine from 61/140 hp/Nm to 76/166 hp/Nm
  • a decent car stereo (Audiosystem/CDT/Kenwood)
  • Golf 3 GTi Recaro seats and a split (4-parts) rear seat

It gets great fuel economy, mostly I do around 28 km for every liter of biodiesel I chuck in. This equates to 79 MPG, the best I ever achieved was 1242 km on 29 liters or 123 MPG.

IMG_20140213_100933_zps2d6f2604.jpg

P1050519_zps9b2ff8d6.jpg

IMG_20140621_105416_zpsd184d232.jpg

Youtube Video ->
Original Video

• 3 months later...

The Scirocco interior will be put into the car this winter, does anyone have any suggestions what to look out for?

Are there difficulties that need to be overcome?

Thx in advance.

• 9 months later...

The front seats are finally mounted and I changed the interior from grey to black. I still have to mount the rear seats which will happen later, first I will tend to the front of the car as mu black doorpanels need customizing due to the CDT speakers and all the wiring needs to be finished to the roof (dashcam + microphone) and to the back (rear dashcam).

IMG_20150731_185406_zpsnpajfuuq.jpgIMG-20150731-WA0021_zpsrxu9tyws.jpg

Scirocco seats are very comfy!