Lupo 3L steering wheel.

Hi there,

I bought a Lupo 3L steering wheel recently, complete and in good condition, but I have a little problem...
I've asked my local VW (Paris suburban) to install it in my Lupo GTI but it happens that the horn is not working, and they don't know what explain this and how to solve it.. I'm also wondering if they are really competend at their job tbh.. So does anyone know the problem or have any idea to solve that??

Any help would be really appreciated! :)

Will have a look tomorrow @Rich.

I know a few people already made that modification but they may have do it letting aside the horn? The VW mechanician told me about a "Can" cable/connection being different on the two Lupo versions..

Haha, that's indeed the feeling he gave me, but as I'm far to be a mechanical expert I couldn't really contradict him..

As for the relay, I tried my best but was unable to acces them. Could it be just a relay problem even if the horn works fine with the actual steering wheel..?

If the relay is clicking then the problem is in the engine bay.

If it isn't clicking then the problem is at the wheel.

We are starting fresh with diagnosis.

Then using that other trick (get out the fusebox seems to be a total nightmare!) I can definitely tell there no click when pressing the fusebox/relays. That's a first thing good to know.

Good, then we're onto the wheel.

Liable to be the earth through the stalks.

Can you get the airbag/wheel off?

Inside the wheel there will be a black earth which connects to the airbag

Rich you'll not believe it but I only realized now that my 3L wheel was off and then checking the fusebox seems to have been unnecessary! Hahaha oh damn, should have clarified that...

So to be clear, back from VW they put back the classic GTI steering wheel because they didn't succeeded to makes the horn work on the 3L. And here is photos of the 3L as it is now... on the floor... sad...
Looks complete to you?

IMG_7432_zpsc439a232.jpgIMG_7434_zpsde993ac0.jpgIMG_7433_zpsb5f25444.jpg

Yep already did that, and i guess the VW techinician did too.

I think it will be hard for me (us) to find what's wrong without having the wheel on the car now as everything seems right on paper. I thought they may be something I wasn't aware of but apparently no, it should work..
Thank you for your help anyway Rich! :shades: Will let you know on here if I find the solution.