bonnet pins

iSutehall

This may sound stupid, but before you actually fit them, check with your insurance company. Some treat them like roll cages - thinking you go road racing everyday - and cancelling your policy immediately. Been there, done it and had to buy a new bonnet (but not with a Lupo)!

Checked with the insurance group, I've said its more of a security reason, only an extra £28 a month but where would I put them? They're lockable ones which are slightly bigger

• 8 months later...

Update, don't do this as the lupo bonnet can't support it... I found this out the hard way when my bonnet came flying up on my as I was driving along the motorway... EXTREMELY dangerous!!

Definitely sounds more like fitting error/shoddy components, although saying that who would wanna fit bonnet pins to a daily lupo bonnet anyways?!? Muppets I guess.

Agreed. Never thought they were a good looking mod and they certainly aren't a functional mod on a car like a Lupo. If you do fit pins, ffs, leave the original catch. Then they won't fail.